Kontrol x1 TSD2

Thread: Kontrol x1 TSD2

Default Kontrol x1 TSD2

Okay my new Kontrol x1 came in today i am trying to run it on Traktor scratch duo 2. can i get some general instructions how to go about this. When i plug it in it lights up then i cant press anything thought it was supposed to be plug and play when i go to my system prefs on my mac and click on the NI usb audio it says there are no devices connected when it is. I go to controller editor same thing. Really need help with this in depth directions would be best thanks so much ya'll

The X1 is not an audio device, it is just a controller for the software.
    I am assuming you do not have an external sound card.
    This means in order to do anything, you need to use the internal sound card in your MAC.

Plug in the X1, fire up Traktor.
    Click the gear looking icon in Traktor to open up preferences.
    In the Audio Preferences tab, under Audio Device, select your MAC internal sound card.

Now traktor has an audio device to send audio to.

You only have one stereo output on your laptop, so you need to route your "Main Output" to the internal sound card outputs left and right in the "Output Routing" tab.

If your X1 still is not working, your preferences tab should have a Kontrol X1 tab, on this tab, click the restore button, and say yes to the prompts.

If this doesn't work for you, post back, I'll try and help out.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 06-07-2011 at 10:37 PM.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Hey man im using audio 6

that came with traktor scratch duo 2

Ahhh, gotcha.

So you have the Audio 6 selected in Traktor, and the audio 6 is connected?

And there is a Kontrol X1 tab on your preferences?

And did you try the restore button?

Nothing in Traktor will respond if there is no Audio Device selected, thats where I was going initially.

If the Audio 6 is being seen properly, and the Traktor on screen controls respond to your mouse, and yet the X1 still is not responding, press the restore button in the X1 tab.

If that fails, go to the controller manager TAB in the traktor preferences window inside traktor, and make sure it is listed in the device list, and make sure the in port is selected properly (should do it automatically, but if you had a different X1 hooked up to your setup - like a friends - it is still looking for that ID and you need to click the in port drop down box and select youres, witch should be the only one listed)

If it is not listed there, and it is plugged into your MAC and lit up, then this is what I recommend:

Uninstall your current X1 driver.

Go to the native instruments website, and go to the protected downloads area of the support page.

You should have to login with the same login you use for your service center.

Select the latest X1 driver you see in that list (your X1 might have come with an old driver, and for me at least - on PC - the new X1 driver didn't show up in my service center) re-start the laptop after uninstalling the old driver (obviously) then install the latest driver from the support page.

Then go back into Traktor and see what you see...
    I'm addicted to WoW.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I posted this in one of your other threads. Exo gives good advise, but I didn't want my post to go to waste so I pasted it in here.

First please don't triple post. Second I thought it would automatically load as well, but you may need to load the mapping. Go to preferences, click the add button follow the steps till you get to Traktor Kontrol X1. check that the in/out ports in preferences are set to the X1 and report back.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I posted this in one of your other threads. Exo gives good advise, but I didn't want my post to go to waste so I pasted it in here.

First please don't triple post. Second I thought it would automatically load as well, but you may need to load the mapping. Go to preferences, click the add button follow the steps till you get to Traktor Kontrol X1. check that the in/out ports in preferences are set to the X1 and report back.
    Yep, this too, I forgot to add that...

If nothing is in the device list in the controller manager inside traktor, click the add button, and select the kontrol X1 from the drop down menu...

Thank you sir
    I'm addicted to WoW.