Beatslicer is different in TP2?
    Tech Convert

Default Beatslicer is different in TP2?

I mapped the sampler (the one Ean uses in his deckalized mapping for a midi fighter) for my midi fighter in TP2. But when I start sampling, it sounds totally different than the sampler in TP. I seems to me the beatslicer effect is sounding very different. Did I do something wrong or has the effect really changed?

Can you describe exactly what it is that you are looking for? I've only really gotten to know the beatslicer from TP2 because I never used it in TP1/S4, so I can't be of much use, but I'd be glad to do some searching for you to find the answer.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

I just tried it in both and it dosent sound to different. In tpro2 it has abit more bottom end in the higher values but not to much difference.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Yep. View Post
    Can you describe exactly what it is that you are looking for? I've only really gotten to know the beatslicer from TP2 because I never used it in TP1/S4, so I can't be of much use, but I'd be glad to do some searching for you to find the answer.
    To understand the problem you should be familiar with Ean's deckalized mapping for the midi fighter. So I hope you are but if you 're not just check out the video tutorial about the deckalized mapping.
    He uses the beatslicer effect like some sort of sampler.
    And my problem is that the beatslicer in TP sound different from the one TP2. Maybe I've made a mistake in my mapping so I'm working on my mapping now.

The sampler on my MF sounds pretty much the same in TP2 as it did in TP1.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

I just found out what was causing the weird sounding beatslicer.
    In my mapping, effects unit 3 is the "sampler unit" for deck A and deck B.
    Because I use 1 effects unit for the 2 decks, I had to map "effects unit 3 on" to the sampler button on my midi fighter. So the effect unit itself and effects unit 3 turn on when I push the sampler button. But because snap mode was on, turning effects unit 3 on and turning the beatslicer effect on on the same time, this caused some sort of stumble in the sound.
    Now when I was rejuggling the sample, I was rejuggling that stumble as well. And that's what caused the weird sound.
    I'm glad I could find the problem myself but thanks to all anyway

ah! well done.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES