Quick Question

Thread: Quick Question

Default Quick Question

Well im looking at getting a digital controller and I was thinking of getting the Torq Xponent. I've read mixed things about it and just wanted to know what some of the more experienced controllerists and dj's thought about it?

OR should I go for another option (VCI-100 or others??) and why?

11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

thanks zestoi but I also thought I should probably add im a beginner.

Also many of these are old posts not on the new Torq 2.0 software which I would also like an input (Read the review by Ean).

One put off on the torq is the so many posts and things ive read about them breaking if not looked after well.

If anyone has anything else to add about the exponent vs vci-100 I greatly appreciate it!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You pretty much get what you pay for in DJ equipment. If you are strapped for cash then get something cheaper, but if you stick with it you'll pay more in the end. I don;t know much about the Torq or the software so I can;t really help there.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

just go mad and get the S4
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Tech Guru

I wanted to get the xponent for ages but a omni control popped up a little cheaper, still like the look of the xponent, touch sensitive , map it with traktor and you'll be flying
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Quote Originally Posted by paulmac View Post
    just go mad and get the S4
    I would if I could find it for $650 (Second hand and good condition of course) but there is a damm slim chance of that happening.

Also what is more optionable, more buttons and more loopy type cue stuff out of the Xponent and VCI-100 (In other words funner)?
    Last edited by liam1895; 06-08-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twose View Post
    It is really a quick question and it should be sorted out as it looks to be an interesting question.
    not bad for a bot...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

I've seen secondhand S4s going for 750 on occasion. It's worth shelling out especially given the soundcard, TPro2, and only 140 bucks if you wan the scratch upgrade in the future. If you don't have a DJ-friendly soundcard, then you're already adding 300 bucks for a soundcard and software with the xponent. That and the build quality on the S4 is miles better and it's already well mapped for Traktor out of the box.

Plus once they're back in stock you can get an open box s4 from techtools for 800 and not even bother with secondhand.

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    not bad for a bot...
    Or someone extremely inebriated.. I thought i read it wrong at first, had to do a double take, lol.
    MBP -- TP2 -- Live -- Logic -- OhmStudio
    Kronos -- Max49 -- Tiptop Happy Ending Kit -- Couple modules & growing..