Gig Anecdotes!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gig Anecdotes!

Default Gig Anecdotes!

Following from probably the most ridiculous, stupid thing happening at my gig last night, I thought it would be cool if we had a thread for gig stories as they're always fun to read and can give you some good advice!

So I guess I'll start it off:

Playing the local club last night with a band I am friends with. Bit of a mix of a crowd there between our mates and the local heads. The locals want non stop hip-hop while our mates like electro. From the very start I had a feeling something was going to kick off.

Half way through the night a scrap breaks out in the middle of the dancefloor, something about a spilt drink. Pretty regular occurrence down there so thought nothing of it. After a while all the locals come up and start abusing us because we won't play hip-hop even though it's half 1 and everyone else is up dancing. One of them says : 'You better play 3 peat (by Lil' Wayne) or I'll come in there kick the shit out of you nd snap your decks in half'.

Eventually I decided we had better play the god damn track to avoid any trouble so about half 2 I start to wind things down. As soon as the track hits a HUGE fight breaks out again involving the same crowds as before. We're talking rugby tackles across the floor, bouncers and bar staff flying in to take people to the ground. Crazy stuff. Then it turns out some the scumbags have gone off to get a weapon. A GUN.

Now this guy had been telling me about his gun at the start of the night but I didn't buy it cos he was pissed. But no, he had bought it that day and brought it with him for 'protection'. Granted it was only a gas gun, but lethal none-the-less. Him and his crew were waiting outside to shoot this guy who they fought inside the club and all because of a spilt drink. It was absolutely insane........:eek:

Eventually, as soon as someone said the word 'gun', the police tore it down to the club in two squad cars and thinned the crowd out. The scumbags came back again later on about 4 just as we were about to leave but luckily everybody else had gone home at that stage. Pretty lucky no-one got hurt!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

wow... yeah I've seen shit like that go down. I got a hot headed DJ I work with.

Congrats on making it out in one piece.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

yikes man... good thing nothing bad came of it. I imagine those thugs are barred from the club now?

Where are you from? I hate sad bored people that just want to go around and ruin everyone elses fun. Hopefully they did get banned from the club, as duerr said.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

did you play any 2pac "hit'em up" ?? lol, that seems to be the track of choice in my city where stupid drunk dudes suddenly become 'thugs' and fights usually break out when that song is played.

it's retarded

Crazyness, i spose the moral of the story is that if anyone mentions the word gun that you get security onto their ass asap before anything has the chance to start :\ Even if he was just lieing thats just the sort of attitude of a person you know who is going to cause problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverhex View Post
    Where are you from? I hate sad bored people that just want to go around and ruin everyone elses fun. Hopefully they did get banned from the club, as duerr said.
    I'm from Dublin, Ireland. I reckon after that incident they won't ever be back again!

WOW, I seen some major bar fights, when I goto Rockabilly clubs and the jacket gangs start going at it, but their weapon of choice are knifes. Gun are usually seen at house partys and hip hop (thug nasty, nasty thug) clubs.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I saw some kid get shot outside of one of my gigs once . Dude was really lucky the kid with the gun was a bad shot because the bullet just grazed his head . A fraction of an inch over and it would have been over .

Quote Originally Posted by darrel855 View Post
    I saw some kid get shot outside of one of my gigs once . Dude was really lucky the kid with the gun was a bad shot because the bullet just grazed his head . A fraction of an inch over and it would have been over .
    wow thats horrible :\

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast