New Vestax controller
    Tech Guru

Default New Vestax controller

I'm sure this has been discussed but just thought I'd mention it anyway. There was a Vestax product promotion bash in a bar on the beach near me. Was chatting with the dude there. Told him my one gripe with using controllers over time code was the fact there aren't any on the market with any kind of feedback as to where your platter positioning is. On CDJ's they have the LED that spins round, on Vinyl you mark off a line on the centre sticker.

For me its purely from a scratching point of view. I find without these features I always have to look at the screen to find the beginning of a sample. This makes it nearly impossible to beat juggle or know how much to spin the platter to find a new sample without looking at the screen. His response was that there is a new controller coming out that addresses this problem.

He said there will be a new Vestax controller with a spinning LED on the platter similar to that found on CDJ's, plus above the platters there will be a waveform view, again similar to CDJ's so you can see your complete track on the controller.

So anyway, just a heads up. Watch this space I guess. Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Cool, post here whan u got m0ar info
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

cool
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

the ns6 and the pioneer controllers have the light that spins around the platter. wont be surprised if more new controllers will start having them too

Tech Guru

dunno why they havent just longed off the whole laptop thing altogether and done an all in one unit. Its obvious its gonna happen but cant happen soon enough!

Tech Guru

sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    I'm sure this has been discussed but just thought I'd mention it anyway. There was a Vestax product promotion bash in a bar on the beach near me. Was chatting with the dude there. Told him my one gripe with using controllers over time code was the fact there aren't any on the market with any kind of feedback as to where your platter positioning is. On CDJ's they have the LED that spins round, on Vinyl you mark off a line on the centre sticker.

For me its purely from a scratching point of view. I find without these features I always have to look at the screen to find the beginning of a sample. This makes it nearly impossible to beat juggle or know how much to spin the platter to find a new sample without looking at the screen. His response was that there is a new controller coming out that addresses this problem.

He said there will be a new Vestax controller with a spinning LED on the platter similar to that found on CDJ's, plus above the platters there will be a waveform view, again similar to CDJ's so you can see your complete track on the controller.

So anyway, just a heads up. Watch this space I guess. Sorry if this has already been mentioned.
    The Numark v7 has physically moving platters
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Waveform view will be dependant on the software, not Vestax.

ie: Traktor, currently no
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    dunno why they havent just longed off the whole laptop thing altogether and done an all in one unit. Its obvious its gonna happen but cant happen soon enough!
    Already done

It has like a "built in computer" i can't remember the brand or what it is - but i think it was MusikMesse 2011
    My Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/djmogal Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/dj.mogal Equipment: 2011 MBP 13"/ CDJ 350s/ DJM 350/ V-Moda CrossFade LP/ Traktor Pro

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMogal View Post
    Already done

It has like a "built in computer" i can't remember the brand or what it is - but i think it was MusikMesse 2011

Stanton SCS.4DJ