Really need help deciding what system i should get!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Really need help deciding what system i should get!!

Hi,
    Im Eche Palante and i'm becoming a DJ. I'm suppose to be getting my equipment next weekend and I get to choose like whatever I want I guess =P (all a's in schoool = 4.2 GPA). Anyways, i just started getting into DJing in January and now im getting good at it. I've already made two party mixes by just using the Traktor software (torrent of course). I've come around to the software and now im in the decision stage. My choices have come down to these two things. Either the Traktor Kontrol S4 with the new software or two pioneer cdj's 800 with a behringer DDM4000. Now, i can get used to any software in like 1-2 weeks. Whether it's traktor or serato. I really need help deciding. Im going to be DJing at parties. the environment is like 500+ kids and I really want to sound good. I also want to be high rated for my equipment. Then again, im already used to the traktor. but as i said before i can get used to software. so can anyone tell me what i should get, why i should, and the difference between using the CDJ + mixer and the s4. thanks!

i know your asking for help in deciding what to get for your setup.... but ill point out piracy isnt supported here. not saying it doesnt happen. but lets keep that out next time

i personally love the s4 and think its a good all around setup (/ is perfect with a midifighter)

are you loooking at cdj/mixer/ timecode just so you can " look cool" or are you looking at that route for a certain reason?

"I also want to be high rated for my equipment" ------ see? who cares what you use as long as you drop fat beats all night? amiright?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

idk cause alot of my friends who started djing used cdjs as well. but the s4 seems very good as well. hard decision

Hi - Here's some quick advice, keep quiet about your pirate software mate. The vast majority of people on here have worked very hard to purchase genuine copies of the product. Let's hope none of the mods decide to take an interest in your IP address.

As for which system you should buy - that's really only a decision you can make. Go do your research, read reviews, search through this forum and maybe even go and demo some kit. They all have pros and cons and what's right for me may well be different to what's right for you. There is a good deal of information on here - you just have to put the work in and look for it, should be no problem for an A grade student.

if you want more help please repeat this line 5 times:

"I am sorry I am an a$$hole for using pirate software which ensures everyone else has to pay top dollar for it. I promise I am really not a precocious tw@t and hope people will be good enough to give me some advice."

Do that and people might respond....

Good Luck.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

"I am sorry I am an a$$hole for using pirate software which ensures everyone else has to pay top dollar for it. I promise I am really not a precocious tw@t and hope people will be good enough to give me some advice."

^^^ lolz..... had a flash to bart simpson.

hahah.

it all comes down to how you wanna play. personally i like portablity and functionality so the S4 fit perfectly into my workflow.

i would LOVE to have TTs or CDJs but its not practical for the gigs i have (mobile/parties/bars) as it would require too much setup/is too heavy.

do you beat juggle or just straight up mix?

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    ^^^ lolz..... had a flash to bart simpson.

hahah.

it all comes down to how you wanna play. personally i like portablity and functionality so the S4 fit perfectly into my workflow.

i would LOVE to have TTs or CDJs but its not practical for the gigs i have (mobile/parties/bars) as it would require too much setup/is too heavy.

do you beat juggle or just straight up mix?
    straight up mix

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

And please don't double post
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

2 deck? 4 deck? samples? loops?

cdjs/timecode might be the way to go then.... is your setup gonna be in one spot or do you need to take it somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    2 deck? 4 deck? samples? loops?

cdjs/timecode might be the way to go then.... is your setup gonna be in one spot or do you need to take it somewhere?
    going to be mobile like to parties and stuff. 2 deck and 2 sample decks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast