So, who plays Top 40 hits here? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I spin top 40 from time to time. And when i do i sart at 10pm to 5am. I'd say it's okay to play a track two time on the same evening. There are plenty of top 40 remixes and mashups out there. Just use google an soundcloud and you'll finf tracks to play for longer than a 8 hour shift.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Guru
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Wizard

I'd say I'll give it a more electro house spin.

So 2 perfect examples are:

Martin Solveig - Hello

Laurent Wolf - Suzy

Both well known floor fillers here. I could play Guetta but jeeeez...

If you have anything to suggest like the above, would be cool.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by slpower01 View Post
    Cheers bud, some great threads in there

Tech Guru

Erm for electro house look up, porter robinson, cold blank, zedd, deadmau5(at times), Afro jack, felguk too lazy to think of more check out the recommended music though
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by slpower01 View Post
    Erm for electro house look up, porter robinson, cold blank, zedd, deadmau5(at times), Afro jack, felguk too lazy to think of more check out the recommended music though
    Thanks for that, I'll find associated artists too

Tech Mentor

DJ's From Mars got some pretty good top40 (and other, too) mashups, check 'em out on YT.
    Chuckie's made some proper pop remixes too, haven't really come across any recent ones though.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The second biggest lie you will hear about DJing a Top40 nite (the first one being "everyone likes dubstep") is:
    Just play Electro remixes of the tunes you get asked for.

Its utter Bollocks... there are some tunes that if you do not play the Radio Edit or at least the Extended version so you can lengthen the intro you will get massive loads of grief from girls (and boys) asking "whats this shit version of Rihanna, this isnt the one i got from iTunes"

Be careful with those remixes.

Dont get me wrong (cus someone will). Its good to be creative with a Top40 nite, of course it is... But it seems to me that when people talk about TOP40 nites the first thing they do is try to persuade people to play stuff that isnt TOP40.

Tech Guru

Heavy electro is an easy cover upfor dubstep i mix the two genres the whole time and most people dont notice the difference

Tech Wizard

Boot the arse out of the swedish house mafia type stuff for a bit, followed by that guetta type hip hop crossover filth and finish off with rihanna/flo rida/lady gaga/pitbull nonsense.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast