MF Pro Cue Master Mapping (Traktor Pro) - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Just a few ideas for changes

Hi I love the mapping I have been playing with it for a few hours now and there are few ideas for change?
    1. The way the faders running top to bottom, it is really un natural feeling could you remap them so you run the right way(in my opinion) bottom to top? Or could you explain way you mapped them the way you did?
    2. The tempo nuge and so on on the bottom row, could you make that a shift function of the top row like your old mapping? And in steed have cue points 1-4 on the bottom row it is the cue master after all and having no cue points in the mapping is a little odd?
    But over all I think the etx combos on the super faders are really expressive and well thought throu, and the build quality of the pros is exaction is feels like a tank(in the same way 1200 feel like a tank).
    Thank once again Dj Techtools for a great product and mapping,

Quote Originally Posted by Push PoP View Post
    have cue points 1-4 on the bottom row it is the cue master after all and having no cue points in the mapping is a little odd?
    press shift + record and you have all your cue points there.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Student

Thank you that would be what I was looking 4

Tech Student

Amazing job on the Cue Master mapping DJTT. I ended up swapping the shift+ hotcues 1-4 with the tempo controls. Seemed like a better fit for me. Also made it a deck focus mapping since I only have 1 midifighter.

@ alphavibe
    Sounds good. Feel like posting and sharing your tsi? I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one waiting for a Focus version :-)

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    @ alphavibe
    Sounds good. Feel like posting and sharing your tsi? I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one waiting for a Focus version :-)

Hey Rusty here goes the Modified TSI. I have not fully tested the TSI to see what I may have broke from the original. I have noticed some LED status lights are no longer accurate but the overall functionality is still in tack. Hope this helps users out as they wait for an official release for Deck Focus. Makes sure Global Settings -> Deck Focus = Software. It tends to default to "Hardware" for S4 users.

Changes:
    Load Next Deck replaced with Deck Focus +
    Shift + HotCue 1-4 Swapped with Tempo Controls

@ alphavibe
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I will try it out tonight and let you know if I find anything strange. I was working on creating my own focus version, but was stumped by what was done in the tsi to turn OFF the FX on the other decks. Couldn't quite wrap my head around it.

@ alphavibe

Nice work with the mapping, but I think you encountered the same problem that I discovered. If you are applying FX to Deck A then switch focus to Deck B and mix in the track, the FX Unit mappings to do not turn off from Deck A. So if you start applying FX to Deck B while A is still running the FX get applied to both decks at the same time. Not exactly desirable.

I haven't been able to figure out the mapping to make the FX routings turn off on the other decks when you switch focus. I have looked through Flashflooder's Deckalized+Instant Grat Focus mapping, but I couldn't get my head completely wrapped around what he did.

Hopefully Flashflooder releases the Focus versions for the MF Pro Cue Master soon. I'm dying to use this mapping at my next gig!

EDIT:
    While I haven't been able to fix the FX off issue in the mapping I have found a temporary work around for those interested. If you use the FX faders then turn them off before switching Deck Focus it will turn off all of the FX Units. It's not the ideal solution, but it's working for me for the time being.
    Last edited by Rusty; 06-15-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    The MF Pro Cue Master mapping for Traktor Pro in finally here!

Please use the Large Import button on the bottom left section of the Preferences window to import this mapping.

After doing so, please go into the Controller Manager section of Preferences and set the appropriate In-Ports and Out-Ports for your MF Pro Cue Master.

There will be a video tutorial on this mapping in the future; for now please refer to the visual layout.

This is a Deck Specific mapping where each MF Pro Cue Master is designed to only control one deck, Deck A or Deck B.

The core 4x4 arcade button part of this mapping takes concepts from both the Deckalized mapping and the Instant Gratification mapping; however, it is not a direct combination of both. For example, Shift+Record will still trigger Juggle Mode when not "Recording". However, if you press Shift+Record while "Recording" you will find that the "Sample Slicer" functionality has dramatically changed.

[Note: A mapping with Deck's C/D as well as A Deck "Focus" version of this mapping will be posted here soon]

Please use this forum thread for any bugs or questions regarding this mapping.
    Awesome work Flashflooder! This mapping is truly amazing. One small thing I did notice is that when you are in juggle mode the top right Play/Pause/CUP button Shift functionality is reversed. When in non-juggle mode you push Shift+Top Right Button for Play/Pause; when in juggle mode Play/Pause happens without pushing Shift. I'm guessing this is not intentional and the functionality is meant to be consistent no matter which mode you are in.

Thanks again for the great work! I am anxiously awaiting the Focus version as I can't quite figure out how to modify your mapping and have the FX turn off when switching focus.

In case people didn't notice I just uploaded "Focus" versions of this mapping to the initial post. With "Focus" mappings you can use a single MF Pro to control Decks A through D or just A&B ("Focus AB"). The "Focus" allows you to switch which decks you are controlling, not control multiple decks at once.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast