MF Pro Cue Master Mapping (Traktor Pro) - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    OK so what do you do after this when you have more than one controller? My problem is if I use the bottom left button, every other mapping is gone. So I can only do this with one controller, and then the rest have to be added from the pop up menu. How do you decide which comes first? I use several different controllers and it's a hassle every time I add or change one. I've already spent an hour trying to get the MF Pro mapping working alongside the VCI-100 mapping, and I haven't even added the others in yet. What's the best practice when using more than one controller?
    Good question. My practice for this is to Export all of your settings before Importing any new mapping. This allows you to go back to settings you know worked if anything weird happens when trying to add in extra mappings.

Since the MF Pro mappings (and most of our other official mappings) have a custom effect order (which is why there is the common effect settings double import issue) I import a DJTT mapping first, in this case probably the MF Pro mapping for you.

After that you can add the rest of your mappings using the Add...->Import drop down box in the Controller Manager. Importing this way only imports the Controller mapping for a tsi file and not any of the other settings. So I would then add the rest of your mappings and if there are any other settings from your original setup, I would then import those (but make sure not to Import controller mappings or effect settings when doing that).
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by RossRader View Post
    My second knob on my cue master doesnt do anything.. what is it suppose to do? and is the first knob always a filter??
    The first knob is always a Filter unless you press Shift in which case it becomes Key Control.

The second knob controls the Effect 2 parameter for FX Bank 3. The second fader turns FX Bank3 Effect 2 On when you move it down from the Top position. So when you move that fader down and activate that effect, you can modulate the paramter by using the second/right knob.

If you get confused, please reference the visual layout which you can download from my initial post where I uploaded the mappings.
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    When can we get the promised instructional video? This mapping has been out for well over a month now. Personally I would like to confirm some of the expected behavior of this complex mapping.
    Unfortunately I do not know when a tutorial video will be ready. Ean is constantly tinkering around with his mapping to improve it and he says that once he is completely happy with the final workflow, we will release an update to the mappings and he will do a tutorial video at that time.

I have noticed that only two of the Supercombos from the IG mapping work (Combo B - masher, and Combo C - buildup pause).
    All of the Supercombos should work fine.

Also I would like to see a demonstration of the Slicer FX as I'm not sure that I'm getting the expected results. I've looked through the mapping comments and I'm pretty sure that the results I'm getting are not what were intended by the mapping.
    The Sample Slicer mode (after pressing "Record Slice" you enter this mode by pressing Shift+Record Slice, you will know by the bottom 8 button's LEDs lighting up) is different from the old Sample Slicer mode in the original Deckalized mapping. From memory in Sample Slicer mode, the second row from the bottom triggers different Slicer values while the bottom 4 buttons incorporate other effects over the top of the Slicer effects. You can always go back to the original Slicer value by pressing the first Sample Slicer button (the leftmost button on the second row from the bottom). I hope this helps a bit.

Tech Convert

[QUOTE=The Sample Slicer mode (after pressing "Record Slice" you enter this mode by pressing Shift+Record Slice, you will know by the bottom 8 button's LEDs lighting up) is different from the old Sample Slicer mode in the original Deckalized mapping. From memory in Sample Slicer mode, the second row from the bottom triggers different Slicer values while the bottom 4 buttons incorporate other effects over the top of the Slicer effects. You can always go back to the original Slicer value by pressing the first Sample Slicer button (the leftmost button on the second row from the bottom). I hope this helps a bit.[/QUOTE]

So I have the Cue Master Pro ("CMP") focus mapping working well and have been having having a blast playing with the mapping. This is a "learned" instrument and I do find it very intuative. For me it was repeating the importing of the TSI a few times that ultimately worked, so thank you

From your quote above, you are referring to other "modes" that we can enter into with the Cue Master Pro mapping and gain functionality. Can someone give me a short list of what these are and how I can acess them. If this means reading another thread (i.e. IG or Deckalized mapping) that would explain this, please refer me there. This is my first midi-fighter and I am trying to piece together all the functionality. The initial diagram and postings for the CMP other than this one have not referred to other modes that I can use with the DJTT's CMP mapping that I have seen. I realize some people are using the MF IG mapping for the buttons but for now I am asking about all I can do with the mapping you have made available for the CMP.

Thanks, Shea

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    The Beatmasher row of buttons should work on all Decks and my testing confirms this. My guess is that the Deck Focus (shown by the Deck letter being highlighter orange) is not changing when you are pressing Shift+Sync to change Deck Focus. The effect routing depends greatly on which Deck is focused for the "Focus" mappings.

If this is the case you need to go into Preferences->Global Settings and set the "Deck Focus" to "Software". Now you should see the Deck Focus moving on your screen when you press Shift+Sync.
    I have a question about this. I use an s4 and my new cue master. Every time the s4 is plugged in the software defaults to "deck focus" "hardware" so I lose the deck focus orange color to my decks which makes it really difficult to know what deck is in focus. It's really annoying to open up preferences and global settings to change the deck focus to software. I have a good amount of mappings uploaded so it takes about 2 mins for my preferences to load up.

Is there a way around the s4 automatically switching traktor to
    Hardware deck focus?

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    If the effects aren't loading as expected (e.g., Beatmasher buttons triggering a Delay) it nearly always means that the TSI Effect Settings did not import properly.

This is a common Traktor issue that is fixed by re-importing the TSI file again using the Large Import button on the bottom left of Traktor's Preferences screen. If you use the Add..->Import button in the Controller Manager, Traktor will not import effect settings, so you need to use the Large Import button.
    Just a question about this issue... How do you get around this bug when importing multiple controller tsi's? I've always used the big import button but recently started adding more controllers and not sure how to make everything load smoothly every time?
    If this has been covered, sorry I missed it!
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

I got my Midi Fighter 2 days ago but I have been unable to use it with any mappings because I cannot import my .tsi file in to Traktor (Traktor LE 2).

"Please use the Large Import button on the bottom left section of the Preferences window to import this mapping."

This 'Large Import button' isn't showing on my screen. Here is a screenshot of my preference screen.

Any help on how I could import my .tsi file would be highly appreciated.

You can't load custom mappings into Traktor LE. You need to upgrade to pro.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

How much would it cost to upgrade?

refer to the native instruments website, I'm not sure but there may be an upgrade path from LE to pro to make it cheaper.
    If your version of LE is registered and you have an account on NI then log in and go to the traktor pro 2 page and if an upgrade path is available then it should display the price that it will cost you.

http://www.native-instruments.com/
    Facebook - www.facebook.com/DeepPeeps
    super active on my FB page so hit like and I'll more than return the favour with your page.
    SoundCloud - www.soundcloud.com/deeppeeps

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast