Advice

Thread: Advice

Default Advice

My apologies In advance, as I relise this post proberly belongs in a different section.

Just some questions about problems with TP

1. In the favourites panel above the track browser I have alotted my various genre's. One of them keeps corrupting, that is that, The blue Play tag becomes a RED X tag? Why????

2.Once I have beatgridded A song and locked it, do I then have to retain the beatmarker or can Delete it from my hot cues to make room for another?

3.As Im placing cues, loops and other markers I use the "store" method as I move along. Is this all thats required so that my file tags are retained using TP. I have tagged a few songs now and I am worried that I might loose the work. The tags are present everytime I open the tracks, but should I be backing them up to somewhere, as I have read on previous posts that files can corrupt????

4. Watching some Of the youtube videos I have fallen inlove with the Xone range. My plan (and this is after 1 week with TP) is to get 2 - xone 1d + xone 92. NI studio 8 sound card.

I realise this is ambitous for a begginer, and the sensible thing might be to get a VCI-100, but sensibility Is not one of my strong suits.

I have looked at the dimensions to ascertain the vesabilty of carying this in a large custom made Backpack. My situation is that I work a 5 week on, 5 week off roster. During my 5 weeks work I could be anywhere, right now im in Angola not far from the Congo Border. So as you can imagine getting to and from Home (bali) involves a lot of travel.

How well will my Dream rig travel??????

I suspect that this may not be a reality, and will proberly end up with the VCI-100.

Any Advice is greatly appreciated.

Second life - A second chance feat. Majuri - club mix

Is the track im listening to right now.

instead of the 2 1D's and the 92 you could go for the Xone 4D - its basically the same except its all in one unit with a high quality sound card built in and only Eq 3 (the Xone:92 has Eq 4). this would eliminate the use for the Audio 8 soundcard.

the only problem i foresee is if it breaks then your stuck with out anything.
    but Allen & Heath are a reliable company and i have never heard anything of the 4D breaking

2) no

3) no thats done automaticly

4) that zone gear is overkill and badly expensive for digital purposes - go with sensibility and learn the ropes before you go all overkill

Thanks, yeh I relise its overkill, but its a while before I will be getting anygear.

I looked at the 4D but it seems that some punters have had a lot of problems with the sound card. Tge A&H forum was flooded with complaints.

Any ideas on sturdy reliable equipment, thats good for travel?

Quote Originally Posted by xolunt View Post
    Thanks, yeh I relise its overkill, but its a while before I will be getting anygear.

I looked at the 4D but it seems that some punters have had a lot of problems with the sound card. Tge A&H forum was flooded with complaints.

Any ideas on sturdy reliable equipment, thats good for travel?
    If you have lots of money to kill id sooner get a stanton SC system than a zone setup.

Or you could get a VCI and pair it up with a something like a trigger finger if you dont want to spend that much doh - the arcade button vci's in the store are sexy

Bentosan, I see that your from Perth. Ill be stopping by Perth on my way home in a few weeks and wanted to use this opportunity to buy some gear.

Can you reccomend some places I might contact to order.

also, is there anygood record/cd shops in Perth that Imaight find some tracks ive been chasing?

Are there VCI-100SE availiable in Perth that you know of?