new HP DV4-3000.... hating on traktor 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default new HP DV4-3000.... hating on traktor 2

hit there all!
    just finished my exams and was looking forward to messign around with my vci 100 and midi fighter ipad that i hooked up with the help of this website

so i got a new laptop! and traktor 2!

setting up the sound is killing me. (im usually not bad with this stuff, do my own mapping etc so im not a complete noob).

audio constantly playes through the pc speakers as well as my rokits.
    pc has two outputs that i thought i could use for o/p and monitor...
    tried asio4all still no dice..

i was even listening to itunes normally, and when i opened traktor the audio switched to the pc speakers... wierdest thing ive ever seen!

just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? i was hoping to not have to use my external soundcard..

thanks for reading
    mark

Tech Guru

Might have something to do with where your audio is routed to... There should be different numbers if its 1 and 2 that its routed too try 3 and 4... Not sure of the actual term as im not in traktor at the moment but look in audio routing.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

sounds strage to me, especially with the audio 4 dj not connecting. make shure you checked the output settings in traktor, and choose your external device!

If it's anything like my dv5 then both outputs are just one output with dual connectors, really.
    For example you can watch a movie with your gf in a train, both of you wearing their own headphones - but that's as useful as it gets.
    You may get two different outputs in asio4all but they're really the same thing with a different name.
    The audio switching to the speakers is related to vista/7's audio device locking.
    Bottom line : use an external soundcard with two real outputs.

Quote Originally Posted by bumtsch View Post
    If it's anything like my dv5 then both outputs are just one output with dual connectors, really.
    For example you can watch a movie with your gf in a train, both of you wearing their own headphones - but that's as useful as it gets.
    You may get two different outputs in asio4all but they're really the same thing with a different name.
    The audio switching to the speakers is related to vista/7's audio device locking.
    Bottom line : use an external soundcard with two real outputs.
    awww i was so excited about getting a free usb port and less cables... bugger! im sure there must be a way, oh well.. ill try my trusty ebay ext sound in the morning ..

thanks for the response guys.

aaa if its not one thing its another, so i caved and sorted out my ext usb card... (took a while) and can get both the headphones and speakers to work from the windows (7) config thingy.. but in traktor using asio 4 or selecting the usb card, i cant get monitor output...

get this... even when i changed the designated main out( that worked) to the monitor out it would work.. ... needs more fiddling..... bugger.

Tech Mentor

have u tried turning off the built-in audio device?

Quote Originally Posted by Mi.Lo View Post
    have u tried turning off the built-in audio device?
    Well no,... Dont know how.. But i have audio from traktor... Just can seem to rout the monitor output right.... None of the 8 op channels work.... Ill try it ive i cant find where to look

Tech Mentor

maybe if u deactivate the built-in audio card u won't have audio routing problems.

right click on "computer">preferences>device manager
    find your built-in sound card
    right click on it>deactivate

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope.. same...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast