Output setup for Traktor LE
    Tech Convert

Default Output setup for Traktor LE

I just received my brand new Vestax VCI 100 and cannot get traktor le to work properly. I plan on upgrading to traktor 3, but am apprehensive due to the audio setup difficulties. I am DJing using my laptop and am utilizing and E-MU 404 as my external sound card. I have also used virtual dj and have no problem setting up sound cards for proper mixing. Using traktor is quite another story. In the audio setup once I select my sound card, I go to the output menu select internal, and can only select one sound card. Is there any way to set up traktor so you can use one sound card for a main output and my laptops sound card for cueing tracks? Or do you have to have a sound card with multiple outputs? Any help or clarification on the subject would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Duke Slydaz!

It is possible to do this with Asio4all - its difficult getting both devices playing perfectly in time with one another though. This is not a setup i would at all suggest, but sometimes we have to make best with what we have

I however would suggest getting a device with multiple outputs, it will save a huge manor of headaches.

Tech Convert

Default yo BentoSan

I tried the asio4all trick with no such luck. Like you said I too feel pretty sketchy trying to force make shift software to do things my hardware should be doing. That being said which sound card would you recommend that is multi channel output capable, won't break the bank,is road tested, and works with TRAKTOR without a hitch? I am extremely anxious to start using my VCI and your advice is greatly appreciated!
    Thank you!

Duke Slydaz!

I personally bought a presonus firebox and i am liking it very much