BeatMasher+Effects no?
    Tech Wizard

Default BeatMasher+Effects no?

Hey guys.. another one of my stupid Traktor question..
    So I was playing with effects.. and wanted to make a build up.. right before dropping another big beat.. and so i put the masher on from effects 1 to keep the hook i wanted.. then i put a gater on effects 2 then back on effects 1 i wanted to add in some reverb and delay or maybe lfo or something to build it even more.... but realized i couldnt if the beatmasher was enabled..
    how would i go about doing this?

i dunno if anyone understood this.. i am new to this and am not too savy about the proper words..

But lovin the learning curve so far!
    didnt think id ever use this enough or get good at it to the point of it being beneficial or where i would actually use an "external" controller.. but hehe.. i can see slowly why all of you do..

cheers

You have 3 slots for bank 1 & 2 dont you so how come you couldnt add the other effect into the next slot ?

G

Tech Mentor

hey

i think i know what you mean

if you have the beat masher at the end of the chain and switch it on, then the other effects positioned before it will not come through

this is a bummer if you have the beatmasher in the very slot ie position number 6/deck 2 cos then if you try to use effects in slot number 1,2 or 3 in deck 1, then they dont work either

is this where you have beatmasher positioned ?
    Mac book pro 10.5.6 (2ghz - 2Gb), Traktor Pro, NI Audio kontrol, Novation 25SL, Korg Kaoss Pad, Evolution x-session, Ableton Live 7.0.12

The direction of the chain runs left too right, if you want to beatmash someting. then gate the 4 bars thatyou capture, then add reverb after the gating effect its pretty easy
    Slot 1: Beatmasher
    Slot 2: Gater
    Slot 3: Reverb

I found out the same, with the beatmasher in slot 1 there are no problems, altough not everyone seems to have this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 10us View Post
    I found out the same, with the beatmasher in slot 1 there are no problems, altough not everyone seems to have this issue.
    its not an "issue" its just the nature of the beatmasher, after running for 4 beats doesnt input any audio from before it in the chain or from the deck. So you can tweak your gater all you want, if its before the beatmasher when the masher has been on for more than 4 beats it wont do anything.

Chained effects means the effect you are using will depend on the state of the effect you have on the slot in the right side. So the beatmasher in the left side will work alone if you turn it on in that slot.
    What you can do is (in your head since Traktor doesn't do this): group the effects according to theit nature in the slots. What I do is: In the first slot delays, beatmasher and gater (gater can be used in other slots). In the second filters and in the third slot phasers.
    The important thing is to know that effects can affect the track (or transition) in different ways and you can group them according to your style and needs.

It would be great if Traktor would let you group different kinds of effects in the slots so you don't have to go thru all the list, I know traktor lets you decide what you want in a general list, but I don't usually keep less than 8 effects in that list.
    Music is communication, as any other form of creation.
    SoundCloud
    MBP 13", Traktor Pro, Presonus Firebox, Numark Stealth, Akai MPD-18, Behringer speakers.

Ok well sounds logic, but on a other (Dutch) forum we discussed this and someone said it worked for him while with others it didnt, thats why i thought is was some kinda bug.

Tech Wizard

ahhhhhh
    DUUUUHHHHHH of course.. why didnt I think of that...
    aight aight aight.. i was completly unaware that those worked in a sequential order thought they were all parallel.. cool ok this makes it even more interesting... hmmm
    hehe
    mind is gonna wander all day about this one..
    cant wait to get back into Traktor this weekend