Bought a kontrol x1 it might of been the wrong choice.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bought a kontrol x1 it might of been the wrong choice.

Love my kontrol x1 but all its good for is cue points and effects through the knobs. The effects are awesome but mostly arent needed for hiphop music unless you use beat masher and some filters but those arent great with hiphop and the knobs. also theres an instant gratification map for the x1 but mapping n setting it up doesnt seem to work for me even when i did the step by step.

Then theres the dicers, they sell for $75 new on ebay and have all cues ready and when using effects you use buttons so you can loop and beat roll on them with ease and transform music especially hiphop very well. they also take up less space with my turntables.

i dont think i necessarily made the wrong decision but dicers seem more useful and practical for me all im looking for is your opinion on all of this.

Am i not using the x1 to its full potential or for what i use them for should i sell and get dicers?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Do you use T2? Map the knobs and FX buttons to the sample slots.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Its a phenomenal piece of gear, but I can't comment for hip hop. Try PhotoJoJo's advice before reconsidering.
    356 reasons why

I was gna suggest what PJ did so... +1.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

you .. dont ... like .. the ... x.... 1...? *heart sinks*
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I'm with Jester here, the X1 is awesome. Also think of the possibility to map the FX section as a simple midi-mixer with 3-band-EQ, thus enabling you to gig with just your laptop, an audio interface and the X1 (on occasions where no turntables and mixer are available.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

My last 2 recordings have been done ONLY using the x1. Best controller in years imho
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

agreed, love mine to bits. had mine remapped on the fly in midi mode for a one time gig where I only had space for 1 X1. and all was good. love the intelligence of the hotcue, shift and midi-mode which have different nhl/midi signals by default.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Damn die hard x1 fans! yeah see i tried using the sample deck mapping but it just got rid of other functions i needed i guess i can understand a little better whyt he x1 is so great now but idk if its gonna be my go to controller might still pick up some dicers or maybe wait n get midi fighter along with the x1 even though its not as portable

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Have you seen the custom white dicers with custom LED's?

http://www.djtechtools.com/store/con...icer-pair.html
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast