[OT] - Another 'quake in New Zealand
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [OT] - Another 'quake in New Zealand

Best wishes for Jester.NZ and any other DJTTers in New Zealand as Christchurch suffers again.
    356 reasons why

Hey thanks. Got home kinda late tonight and saw this on the news.

The magnitude 5.5 quake struck at 1pm, 10 kilometres east of Christchurch at Taylor's Mistake beach, at a depth of 11 kilometres, and sent people scrambling for cover. It was followed at 2.20pm by a more powerful magnitude 6 quake, centred 10 kilometres southeast of the city and 9km underground.

At least ten people were taken to Christchurch Hospital with injuries due to falling building material after the 1pm quake. Other residents from the devastated city cried in the streets and hugged their children.

Police said there were no reports of injuries following the second aftershock today.

The quakes are the latest in a series of dozens of aftershocks to hit Canterbury following the devastating February 22 earthquake, where 182 people died, and a damaging magnitude 7.1 earthquake last September. The February 22 quake measured magnitude 6.3 and left 100,000 homes damaged - 10,000 beyond repair. Christchurch's CBD was left in ruins, with 900 buildings - many in what has become known as the 'red zone' - expected to be demolished.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Best wishes to anyone affected.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Its a real kick in the guts for the christchurch peeps. Things are moving ahead with redevelopment tho, the central city will look bloody awesome and modern as hell in a few years.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

BBC News 24 just reported that Christchurch is famed for being a safe place to live and bring up families... but that some people are saying that the quakes will render the town "unliveable" to future generations and this will halt investment and development.

I hope that does not become a reality.

Have you heard this Jester???

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I suspect after the Japanese quake the engineers in Christchurch will take a long hard look at their infrastructure as they rebuild. That will probably become a selling point giving people more confidence in moving to or returning to the area.

So as long as they don't build any nuclear power plants I think they'll be okay.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Thank god the Kiwis are anti-nuclear.

I cant imagine they'd like their sheep radioactive :P

Anyhow, best of luck to the Christchurchians in rebuilding, you guys have a lovely city, it's been a real shame to see the pictures in the last few months.
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    So as long as they don't build any nuclear power plants I think they'll be okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Guru

be safe bros, god bless

hope thinks r ok with the serato ppl
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast