Library Management

Default Library Management

Just wondering how everybody keeps their expansive music library up to date within Traktor?

I have for a long while used iTunes to consolidate all my music and organise it into playlists.

Having graduated to Traktor from VirtualDJ only in the past few months, I'm still getting my head around the file management system, as Traktor doesnt seem to have all the features VDJ's file management system does.

One issue specifically is some of my playlists are updated on a near daily basis within iTunes, however Traktor does not update previously imported playlists with the changes. The iTunes tab in the browser however does, but I cant analyse the tracks in that particular folder! (which was something VDJ managed to do very effectivly)

So, does anybody have any useful trick when it comes to keeping your music libraries up-to-date and well managed?
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

There are a bunch of threads about this already mate

i feel like such a noob now

Yep, use multiple damn keywords and the search engine gives me shitloads.

I blame the caffiene!!! :P

And obviously I cant spell caffeine properly either.

For the rest of you noobs out there, http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28473 explains my question perfectly.

I'm one of the oddballs who will answer your question rather than yelling about search. =P
    I do all my stuff in itunes now. I used to use Traktor, but to be honest, the NI software hasn't proven (at least to me) to be rock solid dependability wise. One of the instances had my playlists really messed up. Since a friend of mine uses itunes (he sorts, labels, and categorizes his music to a level way above anything I've ever seen) with Serato, that's the route I chose. Now, I just update my playlists one every week or so. It's a bitch, but it's dependable.