Transitioning to a different DVS during a nightclub event.

Default Transitioning to a different DVS during a nightclub event.

Hi all!

In a case where there may only be one set of turntables, what is the best way to transition from one DVS to another in a night club that is doing techno or house music? For instance if I have one DJ that is using Serato and the next DJ coming up uses Traktor what would be a smooth way to transition equipment without disrupting the musical flow to prevent killing the vibe?

You could throw down a vinyl recording and switch over the RCA cables while it is playing, but what if the current DJ throws their last track down through their DVS? I guess you can have an RCA patch bay connected to the mixer to make it easier for them to disconnect their DVS one table at a time and allow. Are there any other ideas out there?

-Leetenant

Tech Wizard

At my local club, they normally throw on a song either on CD or vinyl while the cables are switched over.

Buy a Rane 68 :/

Easiest thing to do is to have a pre-made mix ready (5-10 minutes long, no crazy mixing, just transitions during intros and outs) on a CD player that has line-out capabilities. You don't need a CDJ or anything. Plug that into the mixer. Then let the DJs fully swap their gear. Next DJ mixes into the mix at their liking, no one at the club notices because they are zonked out of their minds...profit...

I think we might have covered this before? It rings a bell. In fact lots of bells.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Thanks guys! Throw some of those bells my way! I'm new to this forum.

sl4.
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

During the changeover, don't get screwed into plugging your stuff in an awkward way because it's less hassle. A friend had to spin with inverted channels once... left deck on the right of the 4 channel mixer and the other way around. May not look like much but it's not easy to get into.
    Patch bays exist for that but they're more of an install piece of kit for clubs. The only case you can realistically setup your own would be if you're planning an entire night with the other DJs and have time to wire the shit before opening.
    Common wiring tricks include taking the cables out of the back of the CDJs if they aren't used etc...

It's easy! well before the first Dj is finished, you set up your computer and all, just don't plug the cables into the mixer yet of course.
    When the first DJ plays his last track on DVS, say on the left deck, you unplug his right deck and plug in yours. Then you can mix into your right deck. When you're all good with your first track and his last track has been mixed out, you unplug the left one, and plug in your own. Done!