S4+ X1 Question

Thread: S4+ X1 Question

Tech Mentor

Default S4+ X1 Question

Basically, what is the appeal? I am looking to add another controller to my basic S4 set-up right now. However, I am confused on getting a lpd8 and remapping it, and x1, or a MF classic. I would like to use it to implement more effects into my mixes, but I'm not sure what the best controller for that owuld be. I hear that the X1 is best. I guess what im asking is why the X1 is best with the S4?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Midi fighter has some great FX mappings. Instant grat and deckalized both have FX built into them. An X1 will let you control FX banks 3 and 4 easier than doing it alone on the S4. You get knobs for individual volume and filter for each sample slot with the X1. You can get some of the functionality of the midi fighter mappings on an X1, but in reality it's really not very close when you take special firmware things and button feel into consideration.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I think that you should learn to use the effect controls on s4 before extending your controller collection.

X1 is only going to increase the number of controls in front of you. X1 won't bring magical effect controls with it.

Midi fighter is cool because all the effects are instant and set to values that sound good.

I'd sit down with each effect and play with each for 20 minutes and then try combining em.

That's what I learned about trying to use effects/ what I'm currently doing myself.

If you still want a controller wait a week or 2 before you make a decision see if its gas or not
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/