usb cables

Thread: usb cables

Default usb cables

hi guys, just a quick one, i need to upgrade my usb cables, as keep having no luck and they keep failing on me, i was looking at buying some drom the djtt store but theyre always out of stock and i need the asap. what do you guys use? any particular brands etc.. i know its a bit of a tedious thread but id trust what users say rather than some random store saying "high quality".
    cheers.

this again

Anything with the ferrite knobbly bit on it should be OK. I find mine don't really fail me though - are you tying them in knots or something?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

oh and if anyone here is lucky enough to be able to wipe their arse with money check out jps labs, a little out of my price range

no just dont seem to have any luck, cheers for the advice tho, ill get looking.

As long as you don't buy into the 'gold plated magic USB leads' improves the AUDIO QUALITY down the USB lead that some people seem to believe then it should be quite difficult to spend loads of money on it.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

thats exactly what i was thinking, i was always told that the plating helped, i always carry spares but swapping over is a pain in the arse i cant be doing with, so would rather just buy some decent ones.

BUT SENDING 1s and 0s IS SUPAR DEMANDING IT NEEDS GOLD PLATING!!!
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Anything but Monster. No, seriously. Monster cable objectively sucks.

My NI gear tends to get stuck with the cables that shipped with it. My Akai controller uses the stupid little mini-usb plug, so the cable it came with is rubber-banded to the device so I won't lose it.

For basically everything else…I just use whatever USB cable I yank out of the giant box (or pile on the floor) of random cables I've accumulated over the years. One of them is so beaten up you can see through the outer shielding in spots…and it looks like it was stained by cat piss at one point…still works perfect for a midi keyboard…just blow into the connector Nintendo-cartridge-style to knock out the biggest chunks of cat puke and reefer and you're good to go.

:eek:

Okay…that was a bit of an exaggeration…but less of one than you think.

Firewire is a whole other story…wait, no it's not…I still just use the cables that come with stuff.

Mac cable for Time Capsule - braided, ferrite core, cheap.
    (I have DJTT cables by the way, but I hijacked my wife's Mac USB while I was waiting for them - worked great)
    Last edited by JonathanBlake; 06-15-2011 at 02:50 AM.
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by brian_johnstone View Post
    oh and if anyone here is lucky enough to be able to wipe their arse with money check out jps labs, a little out of my price range
    HOLY FUCK 750 dollars for a USB CABLE? WHAT.THE.FUCK.

I just feel sorry for mankind when someone is gullible enough to pay 750 dollars for a god damn USB Cable

Edit:

OP, do you hang puppies using your USB cables or something? Seriously. The only way a USB cable could break is if you snapped it in half or snapped one of the ends off... In fact I've put a short-circuited current running from an outlet with a USB cable (by accident) and it still worked, even though the tip was burnt... I've literally never, ever, ever, broken a USB cable in my life...