Beginners Guide To Mastering DJ Mixes - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by antexxx View Post
    anybody use iZotope Ozone for mixtape mastering? will be very great see some guides about using Ozone for mastering mixtapes.
    i dont at the moment, but in audition there are already some plugins by izotope, and you can also use any vsts from your DAW.

e.g

Last edited by Jester; 02-26-2012 at 05:38 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    nice little tutorial i found for audacity users.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=likk4fbEblg
    I've been looking for a vid exactly like this. Cheers.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by antexxx View Post
    anybody use iZotope Ozone for mixtape mastering? will be very great see some guides about using Ozone for mastering mixtapes.
    I've just upgraded from ozone 4 to ozone 5 advanced for the effects bank in audition. once i'm up to speed with that i may whip up a tutorial.

Last edited by Jester; 02-26-2012 at 06:13 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

WOW. Some of you guys really go to town with this stuff.

Personally I just record in audacity through my laptops line in at the moment, so maybe I should make a small investment to try to increase the quality of my hardware, might make a good start. I use Audacity already for recording the rec out on my mixer.

As for burning cd's, and spitting tracks, I generally leave the original file as it was recorded / output, then make up a simple cue sheet with tracks and start times. This then burns the wav / mp3 to the cd as a single file, but as far as the cd reads in any cd player, you can skip to whatever points you previously decided in the cue sheet.

That said, I haven't burned a cd in about 6 years, so the process might have become a bit simpler since then.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Tech Mentor

Great thread!

Just curious if anyone has a source, article, tutorial, etc regarding optimal recording settings for Traktor????

I'm not sure if I'm doing everything correctly. I still have mixes coming out on the quiet side. I want the end product to be an optimal sounding 320 kbps mix.

Here's a rundown of my settings.

Record out from external mixer (Xone:22) to Audio 10.
    +3 Db on Traktor's gain

Now this is where I'm unsure. Do I know import the .wav to Audacity, bump the DBs, export as .wav and then convert to 320 mp3 using iTunes?

I feel like this is incorrect. Also, I have the free version of Audacity and can only export as a .wav.

I apologize if this has been covered already. Thanks for any replies!
    Last edited by C.Lukas1; 10-11-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Ozone 5 is nice. PSP Vintagewarmer is nice. Ouch, those were my two secret ingredients in my final mastering recipe.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Tech Mentor

Ignore my previous post. The Audacity tutorial covered it.

Is the program still available? Audacity? When I google it and click the link it doesn't load.

It that for osx?

edit: that's for windows.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast