Setting up ableton and audio 2 dj

Default Setting up ableton and audio 2 dj

I've spent a little bit of time searching the forums, but I can't seem to find anything specifically helpful for my situation, so if anyone knows the specifics then let me know!!

So, I've been using Ableton (just in the process of moving from traktor) at home for a month or two now, I have all my tracks warped and all my sets ready to go, that much is fine.

I have a gig coming up soon and just want to make sure that I know exactly how to connect it all when I get in to the booth, without looking like a complete toss.

Here's my specs.

Macbook, Ableton Suite 8, Audio 2 DJ - PLUS- the club's mixer is a djm 800

What I want to do (if it's possible)

I have 3 audio tracks in my session view, with all of my tunes warped and yada yada... I want to treat Audio Track 1 as DECK A, Audio Track 2 as DECK B and Audio Track 3 as a crate.

SO... I want to use input A on my interface as track 1 running to line input 1 on the mixer, input B as track 2 running to line input 2. This way I can treat the mixer as I usually would playing off of CDJS, ie cueing via the mixer.

So essentially I will have a song playing in ableton that is located in audio track 1, i can EQ, volume fade and effect it all via the mixer using channel 1. Then I can chose my next song in Audio Track 2 in ableton, hit the cue button above the volume fader (on the mixer), play it in ableton and cue like that, then obviously when I am ready I can mix the two.

IS this possible or have I completely missed the boat, if IT IS POSSIBLE then can someone tell me the correct preference settings in ableton.

Thanks guuuyz, you da be$t!
    x
    VCI 100se l Audio 2 DJ l Traktor Pro l 13" Macbook l

ya its possible... just make sure that your audio 2 is selected as your output soundcard in ur ableton preferences and then in the i/o part of the audio track where it says "audio to" make sure the outputs of your soundcard is selected... example 1/2 or 3/4... id use 1/2 for deck a and 3/4 for deck b...

Thanks pal,

I knew it would be something simple but I just had no idea where to find it!!

You win.

no prob... let me know how your journey with ableton goes... im currently using traktor right now but thinking about trying ableton out for djing... what made u switch?

Yeah hopefully it works out for me, I've had fun playing with it at home, doing an actual set might be another thing!

I bought a Maschine recently and have been getting in to producing my own stuff, and then a friend of mine gave me his copy of ableton so I have been doing production stuff in that. My friend also dj's at the same places and they use ableton and a launchpad and their sets are always insanely good, so thought that I would give it a go and move away from traktor (because I'm not that great as a typical 'dj') and in to ableton to do live mash up stuff.

But yeah, we will see how it goes once I am actually out and about and doing it live!!