DV247 Security checks

Default DV247 Security checks

Ordered my S4 from them yesterday

Emailed this morning for a tracking number only to be told they are sending my some security information in the post to verify who I am before confirming my order

So..

Phoned them up, kicked off and they verified me through my twitter and facebook accounts!?

WTF? Anybody else had this?

So if your in a rush for something and it costs a bit, bear this in mind
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

I ordered a flightcase off them a few weeks ago, no security checks and the guy on the end of the phone was a really nice dude. Very helpful.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Yeh once I calmed down the lady was real nice, she explained all the reasons and it was because it was my first order and the value of it

Just would have been nice to know about the security check after I had paid them
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

I've only ever had positive dealing with them ... saying that I just walk to their store in Clifton ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I've had to do some security checks in the past from other places. It might be a bit of a hassle, but not as big as if someone had stolen my info and bought crappy DJ equipment. I can't fathom what I would do if crappy DJ equipment were suddenly associated with my name.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Honestly you should thank them! That is just good business practice and it shoud keep most people coming back. Why? Because it says that they actually care. I'd definitely order from them again because it would give me peace of mind. This is like cashiers who will ask for ID when you give them a credit card. A bit of a hassle, yes, but it will save YOU money in the long run if you ever lose/get your card stolen.

Tech Mentor

DV247 will never be getting another penny from me, they may be cheaper than most other places yes but i'm usually waiting weeks for things i want from them.

Also I always get charged for postage even though i always spend over the amount that includes free postage, i've complained several times but never received a penny back. I always shop with thomann now.
    Production - 24" iMac. Digidesign 003+ Rack. Genelec 8020A Monitors. UA 710 Twin Finity Preamp. Many Microphones.
    DJ - 15" MBP. Traktor Pro 2. Audio DJ 2. Kontrol X1. Maschine. MidiFighter Pro. AIAIAI TMA-1 Headphones.
    Website Soundcloud Email

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Ordered allsorts from DV247 ... 100% spot on for me.