Selling your Traktor Pro licence

Default Selling your Traktor Pro licence

Hey all, need a bit of help

Back story:

Originally owned Traktor LE, bought a Traktor Pro serial from another forum member, then upgraded to Pro 2.

Bought an S4 and installed TPS4 and then upgraded to Pro 2 for free.

Ive said ill let my mate have my original Pro 2 so ive called NI and de-registered Pro 1 and Pro 2. Ive sent him a copy of my original Traktor LE software to install and start the chain of upgrades from LE to Pro 2 the same way i did it originally but it just wont let him do it. He hits a stumbling block at the first stage of trying to install LE.

I have a few ideas why this may be but really looking for a definitive answer.

My first question is whether Traktor LE is compatible with OSX Snow leopard? (I've read somewhere that it isnt but surely that cant be right? im a PC user and my mate is trying to install it on his MAC).

If it is compatible can anyone shed any light on why he may be having trouble with the install?

Sorry if ive omitted any important info. Im in the UK and my mate is in AUS so i only have limited info available.

Cheers.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Mentor

Well you can't just use a Windows disc for installing it on a Mac. They require different installers. The license remains valid though!
    I'd send NI an email to provide you with a download link for LE, I don't think it's freely available.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Can't he just get the TP2 serial number from service center and activate the TP2 demo?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Nope, an upgrade license requires the previous license to be installed
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

You actually have to install the programs first? Fair enough. In that case yeh, email NI.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The LE disc will have both Mac and PC installers on it. Are you sure he's doing the correct one? What kind of error message is he getting?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Thanks guys I'll skype him later. This is made all the more difficult with the time difference. Will be back to report later. Thanks again though guys.

Ok so got more info. I've basically uploaded the MAC installer from my LE disk onto dropbox. My mate has downloaded and when he installs it says installation failed and has a yellow exclamation mark. Sorry i can't be more specific. He's running leopard 10.6.7.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Have him DL the demo from NI and see if it will install.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x