[OT] Have you got that tune which goes...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default [OT] Have you got that tune which goes...

Just a little let of of steam from recent gigs and I'm pretty sure that some others of you have this problem as well... the classic, Have you got that tune which goes 'doo doo di daa'. or some incoherant lyrics, or the wrong name of the song...'that shuffling song' for LMFAO - Party rock anthem, or my personal favourite Rihanna 'M & S'. I have tried many approaches to combatting this but am interested in how you guys either politely or impolitely deal with this

Chris
    www.chrisindigital.com
    Twitter @Chrisindigital

Quote Originally Posted by digitalrebel View Post
    Just a little let of of steam from recent gigs and I'm pretty sure that some others of you have this problem as well... the classic, Have you got that tune which goes 'doo doo di daa'. or some incoherant lyrics, or the wrong name of the song...'that shuffling song' for LMFAO - Party rock anthem, or my personal favourite Rihanna 'M & S'. I have tried many approaches to combatting this but am interested in how you guys either politely or impolitely deal with this

Chris
    www.chrisindigital.com
    Twitter @Chrisindigital
    "yea yea, i know what your talking about... sorry i dont think i have it."

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

When I was working in the record shop and people came in asking stuff like that I would get them to sing it. Good times
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by kingsplayer2 View Post
    "yea yea, i know what your talking about... sorry i dont think i have it."
    +1
    Although you have to take the risk that they flick an ipod and say "its on here somewhere, play it". That's what annoys me quite a lot.

Tech Guru

Most of us are hired to entertain the crowd.....very few are big enough to draw a crowd that wants to hear whatever you feel like playing for music. I dont find requests annoying.. I think of them as a part of my job that I'm paid to do

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob5000 View Post
    +1
    Although you have to take the risk that they flick an ipod and say "its on here somewhere, play it". That's what annoys me quite a lot.
    playing off an ipod thats someone elses is dangerous... beat matching it in, then the quality, then if theres drop outs, and it make be illegal with like company name drops in...
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob5000 View Post
    +1
    "sorry man my computer freezes if i try to play an ipod"

Tech Mentor

next time i DJ a bar, im getting a buddy to come along to be my interferrence

Quote Originally Posted by ssjaken View Post
    next time i DJ a bar, im getting a buddy to come along to be my interferrence
    do that all the time. i buy bk + get free drinks for him ----> he drives and runs cover for me while i keep the cans on all night.

or until a cute girl walks up. then he gets the wave through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

give guests pen and paper, if they can write it down i do my best to play it-, also works asd a memory card for me as i got the same memory capacity as a goldfish
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast