Panic button

Thread: Panic button

Default Panic button

Hi guys, i was wondering if any of u know if it's possible to map 1 button in traktor(...not the Pro version) that allow u to do like ''loop off'' in multiple decks, like a sort of panic button.
    Basically if i have the loop function on in 4 decks i want to b able to do switch off the function just with a button.
    Sorry for my english, hope it make sense

Tech Mentor

hi

im taking a guess as i have only ever owned pro and bought that very recently - but i assume you should be able to map 4 buttons on the traktor interface to one button on your midi controller

i cant tell you where to specifically go in the midi mapping preferences but in pro you go into midi map

choose the functions that you want to control - in your case loop on and off on each deck - every ttime you choose the loop on and off for each deck in the midi preferences - press the same button on your controller - this should now control all of the functions on traktor with the push of one butotn

try checking out the smart knobs article on the front page of this website - there might be something there also
    Mac book pro 10.5.6 (2ghz - 2Gb), Traktor Pro, NI Audio kontrol, Novation 25SL, Korg Kaoss Pad, Evolution x-session, Ableton Live 7.0.12

Thanks 4 the quick reply Buzby...i thought it was something like that.I tried last nite to map the loop on/off function of each deck to the same button on my 1 D but i recknon i did something wrong considering was 5 am in the morning...
    Anyway i'll try again later when i get back home.
    Thanks again m8

Tech Mentor

hey man

i see you are in Bristol - i grew up close to Bristol - my Mum still lives there and im gonna be visiting her between on feb 18th - 26th

do you play gigs in Bristol at all ?
    Mac book pro 10.5.6 (2ghz - 2Gb), Traktor Pro, NI Audio kontrol, Novation 25SL, Korg Kaoss Pad, Evolution x-session, Ableton Live 7.0.12

I actually got a gig the 21st but not in bristol..It's in london and I will b the only one playing digital.I used to gig @ timbuk2 in bristol a couple of years ago with a different set up : a korg elecrtrib sx1 in sync with a ex1,that was fun!Then i stopped giging and ended up partying too much, however since last year i started using ableton live and it made wanna dj again...so here i am!Recently i started using traktor as well...anyway if u r up 4 it this is the link fr the 21st
    http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.ph...=k14wk&u=67BJh

Tech Mentor

thanks man

but i will not be wanting to make a trip up to London once Im down Bristol way

good luck with the gig though

bz