"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 12
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    You have freed up my nanokontrol to take care of sample decks and loop recorder. Appreciate it a lot
    cool

you can add as many different controllers to a single midimasher config btw. but if u already have a decent tsi for your nanokontrol then no reason to fix something that isn't broken ofc.

adding near the top (or anywhere before u try to add controls to it) tho would connect midimasher to your nanokontrol:

open_midi_device("nanokontrol", "nanokontrol", "nanoKONTROL", "nanoKONTROL")

the devices/nanokontrol.lua file was created using learn.exe from mine and i haven't included a dump of it's config from the korg editor thing - but i don't think i ever changed anything from the defaults. also i only used the first "scene" in there.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    you can add as many different controllers to a single midimasher config btw.
    I must try this.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by Onimode View Post
    I must try this.
    interaction between controllers is something that's hard to do in traktor - as modifiers are local to each mapping. not something u usually need tho...

if u add two more virtual midi ports then you can also connect ableton live in the same way traktor is connected, maybe using some launchpad pages to control ableton and some traktor.

even without any interaction between controllers/software you'd still need any u wanted to use with midimasher at one time to be in the same config. you could use separate files tho and include them via lines like i use in lib/startup.lua
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

interaction between controllers is something that's hard to do in traktor - as modifiers are local to each mapping. not something u usually need tho...
    It's a shame Novation's Nocturn relies on Automap. Doesn't output any MIDI by itself. Launchpad + Nocturn would've been awesome for Traktor. :C

It's a shame Novation's Nocturn relies on Automap. Doesn't output any MIDI by itself. Launchpad + Nocturn would've been awesome for Traktor. :C
    yup, this is very true... i almost bought a nocturn a few times, only read about the need for automap recently. of course you could just set automap up with some sensible mapping and then just treat it as though it's not really there at all. not that i really know enough about automap...

someone has *almost* deciphered the nocturn protocol and i wouldn't mind having a hack at it myself:

https://github.com/timoahummel/noctu...master/game.py

i bought my scs.3d's instead of the nocturn in the end - to use them in the same way i'd use encoders with multiple layers.

and i will probably forget all about ever wanting a nocturn once i get my hands on a K2 in a few months

btw i've just fixed led feedback for the virtual faders in midimasher - so they now update when you move the controls in traktor. it used to work until i broke it recently changing some api stuff

someone has *almost* deciphered the nocturn protocol and i wouldn't mind having a hack at it myself:

https://github.com/timoahummel/noctu...master/game.py

i bought my scs.3d's instead of the nocturn in the end - to use them in the same way i'd use encoders with multiple layers.

and i will probably forget all about ever wanting a nocturn once i get my hands on a K2 in a few months

btw i've just fixed led feedback for the virtual faders in midimasher - so they now update when you move the controls in traktor. it used to work until i broke it recently changing some api stuff
    Amen to getting that K2. I'd love to have someone hack the Nocturn's protocols completely. Lots of fun to be had with all those controls.

What about rolling back those changes? :P

Amen to getting that K2. I'd love to have someone hack the Nocturn's protocols completely. Lots of fun to be had with all those controls.

What about rolling back those changes? :P
    sure, i'll make another release a bit later. will just check i haven't broken anything first

wasn't sure what u had decided on the apc40 devices file, something like this?

Code:
    apc40 = {}
    -- clip launch grid LED colors
    apc40.clip_off = 0
    apc40.clip_green = 1
    apc40.clip_red = 3
    apc40.clip_yellow = 5
    apc40.clip_greenflash = 2
    apc40.clip_redflash = 4
    apc40.clip_yellowflash = 6

wasn't sure what u had decided on the apc40 devices file, something like this?

Code:
    apc40 = {}
    -- clip launch grid LED colors
    apc40.clip_off = 0
    apc40.clip_green = 1
    apc40.clip_red = 3
    apc40.clip_yellow = 5
    apc40.clip_greenflash = 2
    apc40.clip_redflash = 4
    apc40.clip_yellowflash = 6
    I think using the table would be more organized.

Mo' tables = mo' winnin'?

Tech Mentor

@zestoi and anyone interested/using a launchpad with midimasher

I'm working on making page 2 take care of loops, plooping, hotcues, moving the top row from page 1 onto page 2 as well.

That leaves me with 2 more rows of 4 buttons for each deck left over. Any ideas? Suggestions? Requests?

I'll post the changed files as soon as I have them done.

I think using the table would be more organized.

Mo' tables = mo' winnin'?
    yup let me know if it's not how you want it tho. i ran this built version and checked it's at least not broken... could probably do with some functions in the apc file to change the apc modes etc too? save other people having to work out the sysex etc.

the launchpad does have some features for refreshing all leds faster, but turns out u need to refresh *all* of them, so only makes sense when more than half need changing and it already only sends out updates for leds that actually need changing, so not sure whether it's worth using the other method. tried to send the sysex for enabling flashing of leds but *all* leds started flashing so i suspect i need to update the lp color variables first

* new apc40 support added
    * previous fix rolled in
    * now issues a device reset to the launchpad
    * virtual faders now move via midi, from traktor etc
    * http://djism.com/mm/midimasher-20111013.zip