"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 14
Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    Does the midi note have to be cc or can it be actual note value? I need it to be real notes to hack the mlrv page to work. I think it's doable though
    They can be both. Although notes are displayed through numbers in midimasher, not their actual note name (i.e. C2 is 48, C3 is 60, etc.).
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Onimode View Post
    They can be both. Although notes are displayed through numbers in midimasher, not their actual note name (i.e. C2 is 48, C3 is 60, etc.).
    Oh suck. There goes my weekend

Also, there is either something seriously jacked with the Midifighter in normal mode or I'm doing something wrong. Can't seem to find any order, but all of the buttons seem to be mixed up.
    Last edited by muffintop; 10-13-2011 at 11:43 PM.

Does the midi note have to be cc or can it be actual note value? I need it to be real notes to hack the mlrv page to work. I think it's doable though
    notes or cc (or pc's for that matter). if you look in the devices/scs3d.lua file you'll see lines like this:

Code:
    add_control("btn1", 1, "note", 44)
    same format as for cc's but just use "note" instead of "cc" (no need for noteon verses noteoff in a devices config ofc)

btw just finishing up testing a new version that enables seemless page switches and flashing colors that can also be synched to traktor if wanted. all you need to do is use one of the colors with 'flash' in their names and then they'll automatically flash in sync with the traktors beat finally got my head round the launchpad double buffering mechanism. plus a couple of bug fixes...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Oh suck. There goes my weekend

Also, there is either something seriously jacked with the Midifighter in normal mode or I'm doing something wrong. Can't seem to find any order, but all of the buttons seem to be mixed up.
    i haven't gone back to test the normal mode midifighter function yet - will do that and fix anything i find today or tomorrow. it *seemed* to work but i didnt test with an actual tsi in traktor etc.

also btw midimasher does understand stuff like "C#2" etc in send() but not in add_control() at the moment, but i can add that in.

so i could create an alternative version that instead of taking something like this:

Code:
    add_control("deck_a", 1, "note", 0x71)
    would accept something like this:

Code:
    add_control("deck_a", 1, "C#1")
    add_control("deck_b", 1, "CC002")
    add_control("deck_c", 1, "PC3")
    i.e: device+midichannel+note/cc/pc 'name'

and then midimasher would map it back internally. midimashers decode/encode tho is in line with traktors, which i think is one ocatave out from everyone else, which is why i don't use it too much. there again i could always switch it to the more normal mode as stuff like "C#2" isn't really being used in any code at the moment at all.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

you were fast at replying

btw if you use a config file with only this in:

Code:
    open_midi_device("lp", "", "Launchpad", "Launchpad")
    i.e: missing "type" argument, and then run in debug mode you can see midimashers default decode of the midi data. this is me pressing the up+down buttons and then the top two pads:

Code:
    * [lp        ] b0 68 7f [] type=cc name=CC104 value=127
    * [lp        ] b0 68 00 [] type=cc name=CC104 value=0
    * [lp        ] b0 69 7f [] type=cc name=CC105 value=127
    * [lp        ] b0 69 00 [] type=cc name=CC105 value=0
    * [lp        ] 90 00 7f [] type=note-on name=C-1 value=127
    * [lp        ] 90 00 00 [] type=note-on name=C-1 value=0
    * [lp        ] 90 01 7f [] type=note-on name=C#-1 value=127
    * [lp        ] 90 01 00 [] type=note-on name=C#-1 value=0
    atm midi note number 0 is mapped to "C-1" so i guess i should change that to "C0" when doing this new add_control() variant? if that's what u need ofc.

Took a screenshot from Automap for ya.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

awesome

so it starts at C-2 then i was just thinking if i was about to go the wrong way or not lol.

at the moment it uses "D#2" for "E flat 2" which i guess i'll have to stick to as the flat character isn't a normal/easy one?

Tech Mentor

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/1ZYKP.png[/IMG]

That's EXACTLY what I needed! Working on making a device file to emulate a monome 64 using midi_monome.

Should have some fun stuff to play with very soon.

That's EXACTLY what I needed! Working on making a device file to emulate a monome 64 using midi_monome.

Should have some fun stuff to play with very soon.
    cool. i'll upload an update with that way calling add_control() in a few hours. no 'flat' notes tho, all sharps, unless there's a neat way of addressing that. but that's no biggie i don't suppose, except to the musical purists

so you'll be able to call add_control() with either 3 or 4 args, which will use the old and new methods.

as you can probably guess... add_control() was one of the very very first bits of code i wrote, originally in the C++ core too until i got lua running.

Tech Mentor

I'm actually just using the automap screen shot from omnimode to do the monome_midi device. I'm sure I'll do it the other way when it's made available. Turns out. The old method isn't too hard with a reference handy.