"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 19
Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's it. Maybe one or two others. I'll check my old configs when I get home
    cool cheers. i really need to get access to some kind of mac platform and buy a copy of that xtreme mapping...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

I changed a couple of things in the tsi early on that changed what some of the cc messages did. Changed them back to match the traktor.lua

Just a couple little things, but it would be way better to use this .tsi in future updates to avoid any very possible(probable) confusion.

I changed a couple of things in the tsi early on that changed what some of the cc messages did. Changed them back to match the traktor.lua

Just a couple little things, but it would be way better to use this .tsi in future updates to avoid any very possible(probable) confusion.
    cool - downloaded and added for next release. any changes that make sense an don't mean that something else can't be done should be made anyway - anything 'different' needs adding with new events in devices/traktor.lua

the latest code does now look for a devices/NAME.custom.lua after loading the devices/NAME.lua one - so the right way might be for people to use that and adding a second generic midi device in traktor with the users own mappings in. i suspect most of the time those things should either:

a) be added to the offical tsi and lua code

b) implemented in lua using existing tsi elements (like the "volume up" type controls)

btw do u have auto-repeat set on those up/down controls? as thats the only reason at the moment for midimasher not instead remembering the last value and sending one more or less depending on whether you want up or down etc.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Mentor

ya... I have auto repeat on. I like it but you can take it off if you want. I can always change it on mine

ya... I have auto repeat on. I like it but you can take it off if you want. I can always change it on mine
    no - keep it on - thats the only reason that makes it a useful addition. if auto repeat was off then midimasher could remember the current value and just send one more for 'up' or one less for 'down' etc

i think i will have to implement some kind of auto-repeat internal to midimasher with the repeat time configurable per control - but doubt i'll get round to that for a while.

So I'm trying to get my korg nanoPAD to work. Here's my idea:

I'll have to limit the mapping as I only have 12 pads to play with. I've tried to follow this post http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...2&postcount=70 but when I try to use the learn.exe file and get to where I enter the CC commands nothing happens:

Quote Originally Posted by decon View Post
    I'll have to limit the mapping as I only have 12 pads to play with. I've tried to follow this post http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...2&postcount=70 but when I try to use the learn.exe file and get to where I enter the CC commands nothing happens:
    that's odd. so if you press the pads nothing happens at that point? can you run dump.exe and send me the output? could be i'm just being very stupid and not taking something into account that i should be. it should be able to detect note/cc/pc's at least tho from any midi channel. dump.exe should dump anything it detects whether it can decode it or not.

12 pads + the x/y pad should be pretty cool for mapping stuff from... i almost bought a nanopad a few times but went for the lpd8 in the end.

by the looks of that output you've already setup loopMIDI and the ports correctly but just as an fyi i also posted a howto page with screengrabs here: http://midimasher.djism.com/

new version midimasher-20111026.zip at http://midimasher.djism.com/downloads/

the big change is the ability to add areas with their own sub-pages. i've added two to the bottom of page 1 in config/launchpad.lua that i'll be using to do the same kind of stuff the "twitch" does on it's two sets of 4x3 pads. this gives us two sets of 8 buttons, each with 4 banks with full led status recall. should now be able to have all the important stuff on page 1 and then put less used stuff on pages 2+3. i'll probably leave page 4 as it is now with a mixer on.

debug_file.bat will log all debug to debug.txt which should be useful for me to debug any issues people might have.

now after loading devices/DEVICE.lua it will load lib/DEVICE.lua one time - so i've moved function definitions to those files. it will also load devices.DEVICE.custom.lua after each time it loads a devices/DEVICE.lua file and also lib/DEVICE.custom.lua after it loads a lib/DEVICE.lua file - so people can put their own custom stuff in those, to add to or overide the default stuff.

when really thrashing the page switch buttons to test it i sometimes had pc lockups. i upgraded to the latest beta driver from novation (2.3b4) and the isssue went away. it seems this is only an issue on windows 7 64bit systems.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/70608/nanopad.txt

Theres the dump file. I've tried to just press the buttons in sequence, and some of the buttons doesn't give any output.

Quote Originally Posted by decon View Post
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/70608/nanopad.txt

Theres the dump file. I've tried to just press the buttons in sequence, and some of the buttons doesn't give any output.
    seems quite odd... looking at the first block:

Code:
    CC         1 127     0xb2 0x01 0x7f  chan=3 
    CC         1 0       0xb2 0x01 0x00  chan=3 
    there's a bunch of CC1's repeated with a value of 127 and then a bunch repeated with a value of 0. i presume u only pressed and released once for that. the hex numbers u see there are direct from the RtMidi library - the only decode i'm doing is in the first 3 cols, where it will show CC, NoteOn, NoteOff or PC if it's any of those types - and also decode the note "name" instead of raw value in the 2nd column for a note.

also very odd that some buttons wouldn't output anything at all. do you have midi-ox? and if so any chance of a dump from pressing button 1 once and releasing and then button 2 once and releasing - so i can compare to this RtMidi dump. also then if u pressed the buttons that don't seem to be showing anything here and see if midi-ox shows anything? do those buttons work when u use in traktor and click 'learn' etc?

i'm pretty confused as to why it would be sending out multiple cc's for one press. the nanopad doesn't have after touch afaik. just connected my nanokontrol and it works fine - pressing and releasing 4 buttons here - tho it's not velocity sensitive ofc:

Code:
    CC        33 127     0xb0 0x21 0x7f  chan=1 
    CC        33 0       0xb0 0x21 0x00  chan=1 
    CC        23 127     0xb0 0x17 0x7f  chan=1 
    CC        23 0       0xb0 0x17 0x00  chan=1 
    CC        34 127     0xb0 0x22 0x7f  chan=1 
    CC        34 0       0xb0 0x22 0x00  chan=1 
    CC        24 127     0xb0 0x18 0x7f  chan=1 
    CC        24 0       0xb0 0x18 0x00  chan=1
    i wouldn't mind picking up a nanopad for the x/y pad if i could find one cheap, but don't really need the extra pads now.