"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 3
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

just a quick update as this thread has been dead for a while now.

most of the missing elements in my code have been implemented and the bugs i knew about fixed.

with the xtreme mapping negates mostly the need for just something to simplify trakor mapping but that was only one reason for me coding this in the first place.

one thing i have been playing with is using the note and cc modes of my lpd8 to act as a midifighter with midimasher doing the translation. works quite well and is hopefully a config i'll release here soon for people to try out.

the prog change mode on the lpd8 isnt quite so useful as it only sends out a message when you press a pad so can be used as toggle buttons or triggers but not as hold buttons - but that still leaves a virtual grid layout of 4x6 where the top 4 rows can do anything and the bottom are a bit more limitted.

i've been able to use some config code to do all that the darouter does for my scs.3d as well - so mostly been testing out the code with my launchpad, lpd8 and scs.3d and i'm sure a lot of people at least have the first two of those.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

just found a simple solution to mapping an lpd8 pad to a "play" in traktor.

the lpd8 has a nasty feature where it turns the led for a pad off when you release it even if it's received an external midi message to turn it on - like play_a in traktor.

modded my toggle button function to check the current state when you release a button and if its set to ON then send that message back to the pad. so when you release an lpd8 pad it will stay lit if thats the current state.

that was my only real gripe about the lpd8 - but seems its not so much of an issue so now this basically happens:

* press a pad:
    ** if state was OFF then set to ON and send ON message to traktor
    ** if state was ON then set to OFF and send OFF message to traktor

* release a pad:
    ** if state is ON then send the last ON message back to the pad to keep it on

* message from traktor
    ** set the state and led status based on the message

just won't work for PC mode as we don't get any message on pad release
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    nice one - looking forward to trying that out on my 2 x LPD8's
    the app seems very stable now (after some bugfixing today - threaded nastiness) but one reason for not releasing yet is not wanting to field stacks of questions from people. not that i'd mind to some extent but after seeing a lot of the dumb questions that get asked when someone posts a tsi or something like "can you change this for me as i can't be assed to do it myself"

i think i'll come up with a couple of mappings for a lpd8 and launchpad first, since i'm sure a lot of people have those, with some midikatapult type sliders etc on the launchpad and a config for each of those controllers that emulates a midifighter in each mode as i'm pretty sure that'd be popular.

i also want to write some kind of "getting started" documentation on my djism.com site so i can point people to that

i also want to code a twitch style "slicer" before releasing the code. the problem there isn't that it's tricky to code, in fact it's far from it, the issue is that i'm still not 100% how/what/then the slicer should work

I reckon a good start would be programming a beatjuggler that automatically beatjumps forward to the position Traktor would be playing at, had you not started juggling beats (Serato style).

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    I reckon a good start would be programming a beatjuggler that automatically beatjumps forward to the position Traktor would be playing at, had you not started juggling beats (Serato style).

i've got a slicer working ok but *sometimes* it gets confused and jumps the wrong way

something to do with the beatphase i guess. when the beatphase resets to zero my code assumes the loop has jumped back to the start so pressing button 5 from there would need to beatjump +4 and not -3 which it would need to have done a fraction before if the loop hadn't jumped to the start again yet.

guess i could not enable a loop and just send a beatjump when it gets to the end too but quite liked having the loop set as visual feedback in traktor. maybe no other reason for it.

that the kind of beat juggling you meant or something different? and you want traktor to jump to the place it *would* have been had juggling not been done afterwards? only issue there is stacking the various indiv traktor beatjump commands together - as they seem to need a delay in between else traktor ignores them.

Just a question, will this program be windows only or will it support other operating systems?

Quote Originally Posted by kostis12345 View Post
    Just a question, will this program be windows only or will it support other operating systems?
    windows only for now - though in theory it should compile on linux or a mac. i don't intend giving the C++ source code out so i can't really release a mac version as i don't have one. ideally i'd release for mac too ofc. the libs i use support win/linux/mac but i'd probably need to make some tweaks to my own code, though it might be as simple as compiling on a mac.

edit: unless running osx in a virtualbox type session would work... i'd still need to buy osx tho.

Tech Wizard

Any news on this app being released Zestoi?
    PC i5 4690k, Win 7 64bit, 8gb ram, Audio4 DJ, Vestax VCI-100, Technics SL1200mk2's, Numark CDX, Vestax VCI-100, Behringer DDM4000, Stanton SK6, Korg Kaoss pad 2, Novation Bass station, Yamaha RY30, Akai SG01v, Lexicon Vortex, Art FXR, Akai LPD8, Maschine mk2, Roland TB-3.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast