"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 4
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gingerman View Post
    Any news on this app being released Zestoi?
    actually yes... was hoping to release a version with an example mapping including a twitch style slicer last weekend but had some issues with leds not being persistent *sometimes* between virtual page/layer switches.

that all works now so will be releasing something with an example mapping for an lpd8 this weekend - tho the slicer isnt perfect yet and sometimes gets confused depending on when u hit a pad - i'll still release a version anyway.

i figure most people have an lpd8 or a launchpad so will release a launchpad version of the same stuff either at the same time or soon after - tho probably wont map all the pads. the point is for people to be able to create their own mappings ofc.

documentation might be sometime afterwards but hopefully there'll be enough example code in the mappings i release for the curious to do their own stuff for any controller.

havent really looked too much at hires midi messages yet - as the only thing i have which sends that out (sort of) is my nanokey for pitchbend.

currently the lpd8 mapping i have uses pad/cc/pc mode to turn it into a 4x6 pad controller, a deck a/b toggle that doubles the layers as well as a shift key that adds more - plus when the slicer is active the buttons in the cc mode are used for that compared to their default roles.

should be enough to demonstrate what it can do anyway. tho its still very *beta*
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

My 2 lpd8 should come next week, can't wait to try the app

EDIT: I almost forgot, how big is the latency increase?
    iMac(early 2008) | Compaq Presario cq56, celeron dual core @ 2.1Ghz,4GB RAM | hercules mp3 e2| 2 x Akai LPD8 | TP2

Quote Originally Posted by kostis12345 View Post
    My 2 lpd8 should come next week, can't wait to try the app

EDIT: I almost forgot, how big is the latency increase?
    no noticable increase that i can tell at the moment and the app eats almost zero cpu which i'm pretty surprised about. esp as i have the output levels and beat phase monitor being pumped into the app etc.

i've done a lot more in lua so far that i had expected to have to write in C++, i'm pretty surprised by how efficient lua seems.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    no noticable increase that i can tell at the moment and the app eats almost zero cpu which i'm pretty surprised about. esp as i have the output levels and beat phase monitor being pumped into the app etc.

i've done a lot more in lua so far that i had expected to have to write in C++, i'm pretty surprised by how efficient lua seems.
    Really? This keeps getting better and better. Could we hope for a (pre-)beta next week?
    iMac(early 2008) | Compaq Presario cq56, celeron dual core @ 2.1Ghz,4GB RAM | hercules mp3 e2| 2 x Akai LPD8 | TP2

Quote Originally Posted by kostis12345 View Post
    Really? This keeps getting better and better. Could we hope for a (pre-)beta next week?
    barring any maor f*ckups i'll release a version this weekend.

increased latency is my biggest fear ofc - apart from midi loops and crashing the system obviously but so far seems ok. will have to see if it gets worse with more complicated mappings etc i guess.

Tech Wizard

Looking forward to this Zestoi!!!

I've been trying to make a lpd8 midifighter bank on my lpd8, but gave up due to traktor's eye-straining tiny mapping window

It seems others are making apps to get around this (the most respect to people sharing their hard work like you), but i feel that if NI made the mapping window full screen, we could all crack on with mapping goodness instead of giving up with eye-strain lol
    PC i5 4690k, Win 7 64bit, 8gb ram, Audio4 DJ, Vestax VCI-100, Technics SL1200mk2's, Numark CDX, Vestax VCI-100, Behringer DDM4000, Stanton SK6, Korg Kaoss pad 2, Novation Bass station, Yamaha RY30, Akai SG01v, Lexicon Vortex, Art FXR, Akai LPD8, Maschine mk2, Roland TB-3.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerman View Post
    Looking forward to this Zestoi!!!

I've been trying to make a lpd8 midifighter bank on my lpd8, but gave up due to traktor's eye-straining tiny mapping window

It seems others are making apps to get around this (the most respect to people sharing their hard work like you), but i feel that if NI made the mapping window full screen, we could all crack on with mapping goodness instead of giving up with eye-strain lol
    cheers - and yep... lets hope they improve the mapping gui really soon...

as for a midifighter on an lpd8.... i already have some code to do that. to either make it emulate a midifighter in normal mode or in 4banks mode - using PAD mode for the top two rows and CC mode for the bottom two.

only problem is i broke that code the other day when i totally rejigged my api, but shouldn't take me long to tweak those functions. will try and fix that before the weekend too.

the rest of the code i have sends out to a "MM to Traktor" virtual midi port (using loopMIDI) but for the midifighter emulation they use their own ports so that then you can just use the vanilla instant grat etc tsi's.

edit: i see you have a bass station... very cool. i used to have one of those. tho i do remember having trouble getting any sound out of it at all at times

Tech Wizard

Can't lose my bass station even tho I don't use it much these days. Wanted a 303 since I was a fetus and this was a dream due to midi etc and the price off 303's of course lol. I used to get the no sound problem and it was always because I changed the midi output to a different one from the onboard synth. I was still young and confused! Lol
    PC i5 4690k, Win 7 64bit, 8gb ram, Audio4 DJ, Vestax VCI-100, Technics SL1200mk2's, Numark CDX, Vestax VCI-100, Behringer DDM4000, Stanton SK6, Korg Kaoss pad 2, Novation Bass station, Yamaha RY30, Akai SG01v, Lexicon Vortex, Art FXR, Akai LPD8, Maschine mk2, Roland TB-3.

Can't wait to give it a go

I'll be happy to test and give feedback. I'm fairly wizzy on programming, the midi protocol, traktor mapping and 2D / 3D graphics.

If you want a hand with anything (UI design, graphics, layout etc) give me a shout and I'll be happy to help
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Quote Originally Posted by safefire View Post
    Can't wait to give it a go

I'll be happy to test and give feedback. I'm fairly wizzy on programming, the midi protocol, traktor mapping and 2D / 3D graphics.

If you want a hand with anything (UI design, graphics, layout etc) give me a shout and I'll be happy to help
    cheers. you should be able to code as much as u want then for your own needs. the basic core handles low level midi stuff, maintaining caches for different device layers and providing an api etc - but then just calls user lua code.

lua is pretty simple to get into compared to most languages and oddly powerfull.

there's no gui - this is just a router app thats configured by custom lua code - just runs in a cmd shell at the moment.

ofc it would be possible for someone else to write some kind of gui app that creates config code - but that would somewhat defeat the point of it all, being able to do anything that might be wanted. might be an idea tho for what most people would want.

and/or it would be pretty simple to write some code to read a midikatapult config file and emulate it, etc etc

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast