"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 8
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Thank you so much for your help ill respond how it went within the next week when i have a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    Thank you so much for your help ill respond how it went within the next week when i have a chance!
    cheers - any feedback (good or bad) will be much appreciated...

it has the ability to replace software like midikatapult and automap and do much more too. plus u only need to hack it's own config files if configuring for traktor you do not need to use the crappy traktor controller editor... (unless u need some feature that i haven't added yet, like normal deck controls for C+D instead of sample decks or if u need to tweak jog wheel params)

all config is in the LUA language - it's not too hard to get into - so can be as simple or as complex as you want/need
    Last edited by zestoi; 09-29-2011 at 01:21 AM.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Convert

All seems successful to the point im at, perhaps im not mapping something properly in traktor im honestly completely new to any type of midi related modding.

it claims no midi device for midi fighter 1 input or output, i do have traktor to mm and mm to traktor running.... am i on the right track? as im actually using an akai MPD18, ive changed all the information from the lpd8 and was able to get midi masher to run. However when i load the instant grat tsi and hit a pad nothing happens. I am using all of ur latest releases of your code

Edit: - Cheers

All seems successful to the point im at, perhaps im not mapping something properly in traktor im honestly completely new to any type of midi related modding.

it claims no midi device for midi fighter 1 input or output, i do have traktor to mm and mm to traktor running.... am i on the right track? as im actually using an akai MPD18, ive changed all the information from the lpd8 and was able to get midi masher to run. However when i load the instant grat tsi and hit a pad nothing happens. I am using all of ur latest releases of your code

Edit: - Cheers
    have you created two virtual midi ports called these?

* MidiFighter1 Input
    * MidiFighter1 Output

you actually don't need to have the "Traktor to MM" ones active actually if only using the virtual midifighter port but everything else that uses traktor will - so no harm to keep them.

the virtual midifighter needs these two so it's the only thing sending and receiving to the midifighter tsi.

can u cut&paste what midimasher prints out when u run it? i think/hope i put just enough info in there for me to make sense of peoples issues.

also - if u kill midimasher and just run 'dump' and select the MPD18 it shows midi data when u press pads? just checking that it is getting raw data.

also when we get this running - any chance u can send me your modified devices/lpd8.lua file for the mpd18?

edit: for uber debug if you run a cmd.exe shell you can then run midimasher like this:

Code:
    mm.exe -d -i
    which will then dump all and any midi data and events to the console. i'll add in a .bat file in the next version to do that. all midimasher.bat is doing is running "mm.exe -i". you can also do something like "mm.exe -f myconfig.lua" which won't prompt u for which config to load.

edit2: and yep - u are definately on the right track

edit3: if only using the virtual midifighter config u could even remove this line from your config - tho leaving it in is no biggie, as even if u dont have the "Traktor to MM" and "MM to Traktor" ports it'll just show a warning, won't effect anythng:

Code:
    open_midi_device("traktor", "traktor", "Traktor to MM", "MM to Traktor", 2);
    Last edited by zestoi; 10-01-2011 at 12:19 AM.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Convert

Dump.exe shows some outputs when i press the midi keys so thats a good sign, (just bought it and really had no idea if it worked haha), im running the 4banks tsi 1.0.3 from here, are there any changes i need to make within traktor? possibly in the device manager, i tried switching it to different banks modes and didnt seem to change anything (im a noob).

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...difighter.png/

And heres the LUA file for this and ill get you the nanopad2 when i get that working after this.

http://www.filesonic.com/file/2274008564/Akai_MPD18.rar

Cheers!

Dump.exe shows some outputs when i press the midi keys so thats a good sign, (just bought it and really had no idea if it worked haha), im running the 4banks tsi 1.0.3 from here, are there any changes i need to make within traktor? possibly in the device manager, i tried switching it to different banks modes and didnt seem to change anything (im a noob).

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...difighter.png/

And heres the LUA file for this and ill get you the nanopad2 when i get that working after this.

http://www.filesonic.com/file/2274008564/Akai_MPD18.rar

Cheers!
    awesome, thanks for the screenshot - thats a big help - and the rar file ofc

looking at your screenshot it looks like traktor has grabbed the midi ports. i have no idea why it does that but hopefully u just need to exit traktor and midimasher and then run everything in this order:

* run loopMIDI
    * run midimasher
    * run traktor

there shouldnt be any reason to quit and exit loopMIDI afaik, but that's the overall order that things need to be started in.

once midimasher and then traktor are runnng you can exit midimasher, tweak the config and rerun it as often as u like. for some reason if it doesnt grab the midi ports before starting up traktor initially then the midi ports end up in some odd state. not really sure what/why traktor is touching midi ports that it isn't asked to connect to in the tsi?

assuming those errors go away once u restart things, then u should just be able to connect the "Midifighter1 Output" to the input port of your tsi and the other to the input and it should work...

thanks for the lua files, i'll add those to my next build

Tech Convert

Fantastic!!! i knew i had to run them in that order but it was just giving hiccups i suppose....

I only have one more problem the fx are triggering but when they trigger it dosnt turn on the fx button by the mixer, so when theyre triggered no effects are played. Any quick fix?

Fantastic!!! i knew i had to run them in that order but it was just giving hiccups i suppose....

I only have one more problem the fx are triggering but when they trigger it dosnt turn on the fx button by the mixer, so when theyre triggered no effects are played. Any quick fix?
    that sounds odd... i do seem to remember something about having to import this tsi, restart traktor and then import it again for it to all work properly or something tho?

at least my "virtual midifighter" stuff *seems* at least to be working for you - just some oddities with the actual mapping used now.

there's no pad led feedback on that akai i guess? not a biggie for this really - just handy seeing which bank you're currently in.

pressing the top left pad should put it in bank1 mode tho (and is in bank1 on startup) - which then should be sending data to the 1st of the 4 tsi's, for deck 'a'. i only have "MF_FX_4Banks[A]" and "[B]" as i deleted the other two - you have all of those setup to use the virtual mf ports?

try the restarting traktor and reimporting from the "big import" button maybe? tho u say that effects are getting triggered - sounds odd that they're just not being enabled for the deck...

Tech Convert

i got it to actually start playing but its extremly glitchy, its very weird cause the fx on top say they play and the deck sometimes says it does and it will glitch in to where it works and out to where it dosent.

HOWEVER your software is clearly working and im happy to be a part of such an awesome release

i got it to actually start playing but its extremly glitchy, its very weird cause the fx on top say they play and the deck sometimes says it does and it will glitch in to where it works and out to where it dosent.

HOWEVER your software is clearly working and im happy to be a part of such an awesome release
    cool - cheers

maybe the mpd18 is sending aftertouch or something that is confusing it? i don't actually have anything with aftertouch so not 100% sure if the code would ignore that - or think it's note/cc/pc data. dump.exe should show what it thinks is coming in. if it is something like that and i can see a dump of the data then i'll fix it.

also btw you could map that fader on the mpd18 to something in traktor if you have imported the midimasher.tsi and connected it to the "MM to Traktor" etc ports.

when running learn.exe, after finishing pressing all the pads, you can then move the fader and enter fader (or something else, for the name) and then q to quit.

you can then add something like this to your config file:

pipe("Akai MPD18", "fader", 0, "traktor", "volume_fader_a")

or any other named control you can find in devices/traktor.lua

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast