"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 9
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/dump.png/

Thats what the dump give me on pushing different keys, ill try out what you sent

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/dump.png/

Thats what the dump give me on pushing different keys, ill try out what you sent
    the "d0" ones that it doesn't decode are aftertouch... i'll need to fake them and see what it does with them. odd you only had aftertouch after that very first one tho - or maybe thats the only one that you changed pressure on before releasing. anyway that could well be the source of an issue.

massive thanks btw for being one of the first to try this stuff out and helping me debug it etc. much much appreciated
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Convert

The d0 were happening when i held the button which explains why it worked sometimes but only for a second unless it glitched.

any time, ill pm you my email, if you have any more projects you want debugged feel free to contact me.

If you figure out how to fake it upload the code and ill try it out, in the meantime ill be setting up files for the nanopad and get those to you

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    The d0 were happening when i held the button which explains why it worked sometimes but only for a second unless it glitched.

any time, ill pm you my email, if you have any more projects you want debugged feel free to contact me.

If you figure out how to fake it upload the code and ill try it out, in the meantime ill be setting up files for the nanopad and get those to you

Cheers
    fantastic! and thanks again i'll debug the aftertouch issue tomorrow and release a new version. shouldn't be tricky to fake/debug.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

new update:

* ignore any midi message that isn't noteon/noteoff/cc/pc (tho will add in more support when people need it)

* support for akai mpd18 (thanks to austin!) with a "virtual midifighter 4banks config" for it

* new debug.bat - same as midifighter.bat but will also dump to the console all midi+events processing for any debug

* added some missing controls: "sample play secondary" for decks a/b, slots 1,2,3,4 (tho not sure what this control actually does )

* http://djism.com/mm/midimasher-20111003.zip changed url (again) as some new "twitch" style page switching had slipped in...

edit: changed zip name. post 1000... i guess at least it's to do with my midimasher - shame it's not a bigger update tho...
    Last edited by zestoi; 10-03-2011 at 02:38 AM.

just had a report from chikosneff that there's a bug in the latest version, seems i forgot to include a new lua file in the build script.

until i release a new version (with twitch like features for a launchpad) you need to edit the lib/startup.lua file and delete this line:

require "lib/grid"

Just finished trying the midimasher with my lpd8 as a virtual midifighter:
    it works great, it's just amazing, feels like I have a brand new unit.
    Keep up with this great work!
    I wish that one day someone will help you bring this beauty to mac os X ;-)
    In the meanwhile I'll be djing on bootcamp just to enjoy your work!

Got a few question, hopefully they will be usefull to others:

using the lpd8 as virtual midifighter are the knobs doing the job of the two unavailable rows of buttons?

PROG CHNG button is left un-used?

Quote Originally Posted by chikosneff View Post
    Just finished trying the midimasher with my lpd8 as a virtual midifighter:
    it works great, it's just amazing, feels like I have a brand new unit.
    Keep up with this great work!
    I wish that one day someone will help you bring this beauty to mac os X ;-)
    In the meanwhile I'll be djing on bootcamp just to enjoy your work!

Got a few question, hopefully they will be usefull to others:

using the lpd8 as virtual midifighter are the knobs doing the job of the two unavailable rows of buttons?

PROG CHNG button is left un-used?
    cheers awesome to know it's worked for someone other than myself the more people use it the better i can make it...

in that config the PC buttons aren't used at all or are the pots but they can be quite easily.

if you import the traktor.tsi file in the 'settings' dir to traktor then you can use the more normal way of controlling any feature in traktor via extra midimasher code. make sure in traktor you connect the in port for the new tsi to MM to Traktor and the out port to Traktor to MM

if you have a look in the config/lpd8.lua file it has this at the end which map the pots of the lpd8 to levels etc - so you can add this to the end of your config/lpd8_midifighter_4banks.lua file - or just create a new .lua file:

Code:
    pipe("lpd8", "fader1", 0, "traktor", "eq_low_a")
    pipe("lpd8", "fader2", 0, "traktor", "eq_mid_a")
    pipe("lpd8", "fader3", 0, "traktor", "eq_high_a")
    pipe("lpd8", "fader4", 0, "traktor", "volume_fader_a")
    pipe("lpd8", "fader5", 0, "traktor", "eq_low_b")
    pipe("lpd8", "fader6", 0, "traktor", "eq_mid_b")
    pipe("lpd8", "fader7", 0, "traktor", "eq_high_b")
    pipe("lpd8", "fader8", 0, "traktor", "volume_fader_b")
    the names of the lpd8 controls are in devices/lpd8.lua and you'll find all the various things you can map to traktor in devices/traktor.lua

the lpd8 PC mode pads are named "4,0" to "4,3" for the top row and "5,0" to "5,3" for the second row.

here's an example of mapping a toggle button to traktor to play deck A and a hold button for cue on deck A:

Code:
    toggle("lpd8", "4,0", 0, ON, OFF, "traktor", "play_a")
    button("lpd8", "4,1", 0, ON, OFF, "traktor", "cue_a")
    the "0" means "all pages", you can map different pages but then u also need a way to switch between them, so just use "0" for now.

ON and OFF refer to what values to send back to the pad when for on and off - the lpd8 only has "on led" or "off led" so ON and OFF work fine (ON is 127 and OFF is 0)

i will write some documentation as to what functions take what arguments sometime... for now the only info is in the file lib/base.lua

That's awesome I really like your work.
    I'm only sad that I will not be able to use it on my gigs because I'm not comfortable with djing on windows, I've got nothing against it but I'm not able to obtain the same low latency that I have on mac os, probably an optimization issue.
    I noticed that supercombo no.1 doesn't work, I'm not getting the transpose effect as I press the fourth beatmasher button...
    I'll go ahead and test the LPD8 "all in one" configuration
    Cheers and congrats again

EDIT:
    Just read that supercombos aren't supported yet.
    Last edited by chikosneff; 10-06-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chikosneff View Post
    That's awesome I really like your work.
    I'm only sad that I will not be able to use it on my gigs because I'm not comfortable with djing on windows, I've got nothing against it but I'm not able to obtain the same low latency that I have on mac os, probably an optimization issue.
    I noticed that supercombo no.1 doesn't work, I'm not getting the transpose effect as I press the fourth beatmasher button...
    I'll go ahead and test the LPD8 "all in one" configuration
    Cheers and congrats again
    the "transpose effect" worked here last time i tested it. have you imported the midifighter mappings properly? i think you need to import via the "big import button", restart traktor and import a 2nd time. the midifighter "classic" tsi doesn't require any extra midi events to trigger the super combo's afaik but the midifighter pro ones do - their firmware sends out different info.

as for the "mac" thing i will solve that sometime. whether i need to buy a mac or buy time on a mac server or something.

thanks again for trying midimasher! your feedback has been really useful... without users input i won't know what i should be adding next

i do need to solve the "mac" issue... personally i hate windows, i'm a linux/unix guy, but at the moment i use windows to run traktor.

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast