Firebox or audiofire2

Default Firebox or audiofire2

Ok I own a NI audio 8 dj but I don't use timecode anymore! I was looking to get a better sound and the same stability than my audio 8 wich one will be a better choice between Firebox or the echo audiofire2 I have read several forum but I can't see witch one is more stable and have better sound!
    http://myspace.com/djdirtylicious
    Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Custom Arcade Edition by DJ TT, Pro x Fade crossfader upgrade,
    NI audio 8 DJ, Presonus FireboxA&H XD-53, Macbook Black 2.1, Vestax CIB-1 backpack, Stanton Uberstand, Mackie MR5

I'd also love to see peoples opinions on these 2. I'm after one of these soon

haven't used the firebox but i am a proud audiofire 2 owner and definitely stand by it, especially because you can get it on ebay for around $160. it's tiny, super loud (for me at least, only been at it for a year so i haven't become a deaf dj quite yet), comes in a just about indestructible metal case and looks really sleek and cool in a digital set up. plus, if you get it new it comes with a 10-foot firewire cable so you can put it anywhere. if price is a factor at all it's the way to go.
    http://djswords.wordpress.com
    check the rims on my car, no, don't check those 'cause they're stuffed with blow
    -weezy f. baby

I really like my Firebox, but I have not tried the AudioFire2 yet.

The Firebox just bleeds crazy power from it. I'm scared to even put it above half on master and 1/3 on phono cuz it might blast my speakers if I'm not careful. I really love the firewire on it, zero latency even when I'm chaining a 320GB firewire hard-drive into it. I've started to use the instrument plugs on the front as well and they are really loud with a really crisp sound to them.

Overall, I'm very happy with mine and I got it for a sweet price (250$ Cad)
    ~MacBook 2.4 GHz | Pacemaker 666 | Traktor Pro | Ableton Live 7~
    ~Indie Dance | Nu Disco | Electro House | Old Skool Funk~

Tech Wizard

+1 Firebox

I own a firebox, i think that says it all

As said above the VCI-100 is so loud if you dont turn down the outputs then it will be too loud, too much power is better than too little if you ask me. With a unit made for djing you cant turn the output up to suit studio gear but you can turn studio gear down to suit dj gear

Tech Guru

Anyone know if Firebox will work without the wall power supply with a Macbook 13"?
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz