How to replace a tweeter.

Default How to replace a tweeter.

So, my friend and I just picked up a Behringer B-52 Matrix 1000v2 system for $350 from some pawn shop in the middle of nowhere. Everything works perfectly except for one of the monitors seems to have a blown tweeter (the guy at the pawn shop went back on his promise let us test it there, and assured us that it worked "fine"). Does anyone know how to go about replacing it, or the cost for replacing a tweeter on this system? We have 24-hours to return it if we can't figure it out.

Thanks!

Tech Guru

ah it should be easily doable... check out car forums should be easily found on google
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by heaps View Post
    So, my friend and I just picked up a Behringer B-52 Matrix 1000v2 system for $350 from some pawn shop in the middle of nowhere. Everything works perfectly except for one of the monitors seems to have a blown tweeter (the guy at the pawn shop went back on his promise let us test it there, and assured us that it worked "fine"). Does anyone know how to go about replacing it, or the cost for replacing a tweeter on this system? We have 24-hours to return it if we can't figure it out.

Thanks!
    You'd have to find out the frequency range of the existing tweeters and find something similar. You'd also need to replace both tweeters not just the blown one. Unless you got a great deal I'd just take them back.

edit: it looks like it's a 3/4" horn driver and I can't find one on the internets
    Last edited by Tha Gooch; 06-16-2011 at 06:50 PM.