So I got Torq today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So I got Torq today

If you read my last thread NI pissed me off......

You will know that I had bought Torq Conectiv today as a cheaper alternative to traktor scratch 2.

I Bought it second hand off ebay and it seems to be in very good condition

I had some issues installing it and after an hour and downloading various updates It was all working (I run MAC OS 10.6.6)

My first impressions are:

The interface looks cheap - not as good as trakor
    The DVS seems to work really well
    I relied on the auto sync tooooooo much when using traktor, Torq doesnt have this feature where it keeps it 'locked' no matter what.
    That although it looks alot cheaper it seems to do alot of the features traktor does

Ive only had it up and running for a night and managed to do a few mixs and so far so good. For the money I think its going to be a lot of fun. I think that I wont be able to be as 'creative' with the loops and affects as when using midi controllers and traktor (yet) but its a joy being able to mix rare tunes that i have not got on vinyl using the turntables.

BFLY

Tech Mentor

Just curious how much you picked it up for?
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Quote Originally Posted by StephanV View Post
    Just curious how much you picked it up for?
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

I picked it up for £82 from ebay (inc Delivery)

So far its been a pain in the arse!

Its pot luck as to which drivers work, Im running OS 10.6.6 and I have had to use trial and error to get the drivers working, 10.6.6 torq ones dont!
    On top of this the software is very very hit and miss. Sometimes it takes an age to start playing a track, sometimes it does not. Sometimes it just crashes and stops working all together!

So far its been a pain in the arse, but ive seen that it can take some time to set up.

As followers of my other thread will note, I bought it as a cheap alternative to Traktor Scratch and so far Id give it a 6/10 for bedroom djing. I really hope that this will go up after time, I wonder if 2.0 will be more stable? anyone out there use it as a DVS?

I hope that people dont get on the "I told you so" bandwagon from the previous thread as they will be missing the point. But so far im a little disappointed.

More to come I just need time to play around with it.

while your at it, why not give VDJ a try? d/l the home free version and you can try timecode for 10 minutes each start.

good thing you got torq running with dvs btw, how is the effect section?
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

not really looked at effects yet

Quote Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
    I picked it up for £82 from ebay (inc Delivery)

So far its been a pain in the arse!

Its pot luck as to which drivers work, Im running OS 10.6.6 and I have had to use trial and error to get the drivers working, 10.6.6 torq ones dont!
    On top of this the software is very very hit and miss. Sometimes it takes an age to start playing a track, sometimes it does not. Sometimes it just crashes and stops working all together!

So far its been a pain in the arse, but ive seen that it can take some time to set up.

As followers of my other thread will note, I bought it as a cheap alternative to Traktor Scratch and so far Id give it a 6/10 for bedroom djing. I really hope that this will go up after time, I wonder if 2.0 will be more stable? anyone out there use it as a DVS?

I hope that people dont get on the "I told you so" bandwagon from the previous thread as they will be missing the point. But so far im a little disappointed.

More to come I just need time to play around with it.

hope you at least get it working though.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
    I would think that you've missed the point. The point everyone was making was you get what you pay for and if you're looking for a cheap alternative to product "x" you will probably end up with exactly what you paid for, something cheap. Hopefully you get it to work for you.

Tech Mentor

I tried Torq and was very impressed with it, especially the effects. The crossfader effects are pretty awesome. Do you have the latest version? Torq 2.0?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast