signs that your digital music is amateur
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default signs that your digital music is amateur

ive read a thread about signs that your digital music is amateur. but somehow the site is no longer up.

can you help me come up with the list? anyone?

Why would you want that?

(Similar like the sporting "rollerblading sucks" stickers on your rollerblades?)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Forgetting to turn the bass knob back up on the track your mixing into... the track drops... but theres no bass its quite anticlimatic and sounds rather terrible !

@Tekki i think he would like to know what things to avoid in particular.

Im sure everyone here can come up with tons of things.

Tech Convert

there are these laptop musicians here in my area. who have been, should i say, cheating when they make music, the community somehow adores them. i'm not jealous or anything, i'm just angry how they fooled the community. i just want to put a stop to it by letting them know that somebody in the crowd knows what they are doing, and i also want to educate he community.

or maybe it's just me

As long as in the end of the day everyones enjoying the music and having fun - id worry more about your own sets rather than picking at other peoples.

What will educate people is getting up there and dabling in a bit of tasteful controllerism, you actions will speak far more than words can

I guess what i am really trying to say is that you shouldnt do anything thats going to lead to a fight because that doesnt do the scene any justice - try to be as tactful as possible.

How exactly are these guys cheating ?
    Everyone definition of cheating is nowadays different, it used to be if you were using dat tapes you were a cheater, oh how times have changed

What is cheating?

I mean, yeah there are some that are plain lazy, but they still manage to entertain the crowd.
    And isn't that what being a DJ is all about. Reading the crowd, knowiing what they want to hear, and entertain the hell out of 'em?

It's not the way they do it, it's more important that they do it.
    (Otherwise you could go on hating Pete Tong/Sasha etc, while they do a standout job)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Tech Convert

try searching the thread "top 10 signs your track is amateur for electronic music" in google or something and you would surely see something from emusictips.com. it's just that the site is not up anymore.

but yeah, you guys are right. i couldn't define what cheating is as well.
    and they play music like they were reading their emails but they still get great reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by FNDR View Post
    [..]
    and they play music like they were reading their emails but they still get great reviews.
    Try Luke Vibert, the guy is behind his laptop, and only in his laptop, but still... The crowd has a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Forgetting to turn the bass knob back up on the track your mixing into... the track drops... but theres no bass its quite anticlimatic and sounds rather terrible !
    all the time
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast