Can someone check out my Press Kit really quick! Thanks!
    Tech Convert

Default Can someone check out my Press Kit really quick! Thanks!

Hey guys!

I'm new to the forums and was hoping someone could help me out with a couple of things.

1) Can someone take a second to check over my Press Kit and let me know, in their own opinion, what it is lacking etc. I will PM it to you!

2) I got asked for my press kit and right now all it consists of is a One-sheet( Including contact info, mini bio, and other little facts), my mixes, my logo, and my press photos. Am I missing anything??

3) How do I go about distributing this package? Do I put it on a cd or just email it out?

Thank you so so so much in advance!

-Tsquared

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

thanks so much! that helped me out a lot! One more quick question though,

I want to include my Mixes in my EPK but I am confused how I can send it via email then?? The zip file would be way too big! What do I do??

put a direct link into the email to a place like soundcloud or alike?
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Tech Convert

ya that is what I am going to do. Doesn't that seem a bit informal though? To make them go to my soundcloud and download/listen to my stuff. It kind of takes time to do that you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsquared View Post
    ya that is what I am going to do. Doesn't that seem a bit informal though? To make them go to my soundcloud and download/listen to my stuff. It kind of takes time to do that you know.
    Its completely up to you, but you will need to make sure that the file is reasonably small enough for them to download in a respectable time (otherwise they may just cancel the download), but high enough to keep audio quality.

A lot of record companies are now using soundcloud as a big tool, as their file sharing systems are getting too full plus you can hit two birds with one stone. As Ean said in that link try to put your press kit on a website page.

You can put your biography on your soundcloud page, with previous gigs written in it + links to pictures (flickr account) etc.
    | TSP2 | Behringer DJX 750 | NI Audio 8 | Asus Eee PC | Novation Launchpad | Kontrol X1 | 2x Technics 1210 MK II's

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Soundcloud makes it so they don't have to download it and can just skim through it which is pretty much all they're going to do anyway.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

I give out CDs with basic info and a link to my DJ fb account, which has full bio, pics, flyers, links to soundcloud/mixcloud the lot!
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter