A couple of quick questions....
    Tech Convert

Default A couple of quick questions....

Hi guys, I'm new to this digital dj'ing malarky and had a few questions I hope someone doesnt mind answering...

I'm an old hard house fan from the late 90's to early 2000's and have a large collection of old vinyl I recently started converting to mp3. This naturally made me want to start mixing again and hence my foray into this new past time of mine.

I have bought a newmark omni control, which I run with TP2 on an Acer Revo 100 which seems fine for all my needs. However I feel I could optimize my mapping a little better but everything I seem to try doesnt quite work

I'd like to be able to browse my tunes using the dedicated browser knob but instead of going up or down the list tune by tune it just jumps from the 1st tune to the last, and so I wondered if anyone knew the mapping code for this? Also as I am in the process of beatgridding my entire collection I wondered if there was a way I could use the pitch +/- controls to shift the beatgrid and the loop in/out to inc/dec the tempo?

Lastly in my global settings there is a box for fullscreen resolution. Mine only shows desktop and so when I go fullscreen it actually skrinks it to about a quarter of the screen (I am running at 1080p on a lcd tv on the wall). I wondered if anyone also had similar problems?

Many thanks in advance for any advice on these areas!!

Big Ry

Tech Guru

this is the mapping I use for the omni control and love it http://www.djstormeagle.com/midi-mapping.html

and if you fancy keeping your own flick through the knob settings, you might need to change what kind of rotary it is or what kind of encoder it is, mine is set like this... encoder, interaction: relative, encoder mode: 7fh/01h, assignment global hope this helps dude and welcome to djtechtools
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Convert

Thanks buddy for the reply,
    I had a rather hectic weekend and didn't get a chance to try that tsi yet, but i will do asap.

Anyone able to help me out with any of my other queries at all?

You'll find this useful: https://traktorbible.com/en/t2_commandfinder.aspx

It sounds like your browse know has the wrong interaction mode, look at the command for that knob and change a few settings. I assume it's set to the command 'list select up down' and the type of control you've chosen is encoder.

I'm not sure about your display settings.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Ah thanks matey, that link was brilliant, just what I needed.