finally self released an EP.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default finally self released an EP.

my personal goal of finishing an EP and (trying) to distribute is complete. i encourage you to go check it out, give it a download for free, or if you like the sounds you hear, drop a donation and support this college kids dream

http://www.darkgrey.bandcamp.com

Banned

Everything sounds the same! Isn't the point on an artist album to spread your wings and push yourself creatively?

..no smartass or dick, but you'd be hard pressed to find 2 songs that sound too similar on that album.

Quote Originally Posted by djdarkgrey View Post
    ..no smartass or dick, but you'd be hard pressed to find 2 songs that sound too similar on that album.
    I was just about to open the link and have a listen but i don't think this comment was called for so it puts me off having a listen. It was uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Liambo View Post
    I was just about to open the link and have a listen but i don't think this comment was called for so it puts me off having a listen. It was uncalled for.
    I'm not trying to be out of line, I was simply stating I legitimately spent a lot of time trying to make sure nothing ran too long or was too similar. Sorry if that turns you off dude..just having a little pride in my work.

Banned

Sorry mate, just saying how it is. Sounds like the same two or three drum kits, lots of pads/synths being sidechained and so on. And they sure a lot of the same song structure as well, just seems like you were following a formula.

Now, I'm not saying they are bad, they just sound the same is all. Would work better as singles instead of an artist album.

I appreciate that input mate, the second reply was much more constructive and I may have taken the first one the wrong one. Major cheers for the feedback!

Banned

With that being said, the music really is god awful. And I recognize a lot of those loops and samples on top of it. Nothing really original, sounds like all you did was stitched together a lot of loops and called it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    With that being said, the music really is god awful. And I recognize a lot of those loops and samples on top of it. Nothing really original, sounds like all you did was stitched together a lot of loops and called it a day.
    I take all criticism and I appreciate the feedback..I'm aware the limitations of basing a song around a vengeance sample, they are kinda shady. I appreciate it though dude, not much else to say except my word that the vast majority of it is original.

In any case, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by djdarkgrey View Post
    I'm not trying to be out of line, I was simply stating I legitimately spent a lot of time trying to make sure nothing ran too long or was too similar. Sorry if that turns you off dude..just having a little pride in my work.
    Not a problem, i understand what you are saying but just be kind to people and give people feedback and people will give you feedback man. Keep working at your music, people with determination always gets places

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast