[OT] eBay Bids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [OT] eBay Bids

Default [OT] eBay Bids

Hey guys,

I just wanted to get your general opinion on something. I recently bid on a mixer on eBay that had no reserve and ended up winning it for $31. The next day however, the seller refunded me my money with a note saying that $31 was too low for him and he wanted $125. I was wondering if that's actually allowed? What should I do? Normally I wouldn't care and just buy another mixer on eBay but it seems that he wasted my time. Your thoughts?

Cheers,
    Marc.Elektro

Tech Mentor

Well, eBay certainly doesn't allow it, but that's just their regulation. The worst they can do is kill his account, which probably won't bother him - unless he's got a solid reputation built up which he doesn't want to lose.

From a legal point of view, I don't think he's got any obligation at all to sell it to you for $31. Better luck next time.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

If he didn't put any reserve, he is supposed to sell it to you if the sale came to its closing. Make a request to ebay. You'll probably won't get the item anyway but at least he'll be 'pursued' (not very scary but then you can't play a game and decide afterwards the rules don't please you).

as far as im aware, if there was no reserve he has no right to do that, you won it fair and square. I would get on to Ebay and let them know what has happened mate. Its his own fault for not putting a reserve price on his mixer.
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

I would let the seller know that they are breaching Ebay terms. Give them an opportunity to complete the transaction before you provide feedback and request Ebay investigate the issue.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

first of all he's not smart enough to put a reserve on it, then he's not smart enough to open another account an bid on it himself?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

He is most probably breaching eBay regulations but legally (from a UK perspective) it is merely an invitation to buy and he has not accepted payment for the item so it still belongs to him.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    first of all he's not smart enough to put a reserve on it, then he's not smart enough to open another account an bid on it himself?
    :O That's sneaky. My naive self wouldn't have even thought of that!

Tech Guru

the seller actually agrees to sell the item at the price the auction is settled for like at an auction in person in the UK. So accordming to that he has to sell it. I looked for lawsuits to do with this online auction sort of situation and cant find any. there are lots more complications aswel. but the others are probly right you will never see that item

Tech Wizard

If he doesn't want to sell it for $31 he wont. The worst thing you can do even if you contact ebay is a bad review... still wont do crap... all he needs to do is a new email and thats it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast