Organizing your taktor library
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Organizing your taktor library

im just working on organizing my library into different play lists. At first i was thinking i would make playlists based on the genres of music, but then i was thinking there had to be a better way... somone suggested i use mixed in key, so maybe by the key's of songs? im not sure though so i decided to ask, thanks.
    2 x Technics 1210 M5g / Rane TTM 56 / Rokit krk 8's and 10s / Lenovo 15" i7 4gb / Oxygen 8v2 / HDJ-2000 / TSP2 Audio 10

I'm trying to figure this out too - I'm about to start migrating my library from Ableton into Traktor (4000+ tracks) which is going to be HELL.

I've already run them through Mixed in Key and have them organised in folders by Genre, then Key, like so :

DJ TUNES >> TRANCE >> 1A >>
    DJ TUNES >> PROG HOUSE >> 5B >>

But I'm going to re-run them all through mixed in key and get MIK to print the key into the custom ID3 Tag for traktor, then I think I will have everything in iTunes (I have a dedicated Traktor MacBook) linked to Traktor.

A thought - does Traktor's iTunes integration include importing iTunes playlists?
    "Tell me what I need to be a DJ so I can f*ck the prom queen"
    Biru on Soundcloud
    Biru on Facebook

Tech Mentor

Yes it does, and smart playlists are a pretty neat way to organize your library. I barely use Traktor's internal file manager.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you look under track collecting in the browser tree on the left it's already got all the genres there.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

For a several weeks I tried to work a lot of my tagging and mixing around mixed in key. I soon found that using mixed in key was far less reliable than my own ear and more importantly - it sucked all the fun out of mixing. I think Mixed in key has a place but you will find it really limits your creativity as it will likely encourage you exclude tracks that will mix well simply based on it having the 'wrong' number. Then again, I never liked painting by numbers.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Banned

There have been a LOT of threads on this subject. Search them out and see what others have done and suggested

correctly spelling "Traktor" would be a good start
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    correctly spelling "Traktor" would be a good start
    get over it. why take the time to post a reply if your just guna be a mark.
    2 x Technics 1210 M5g / Rane TTM 56 / Rokit krk 8's and 10s / Lenovo 15" i7 4gb / Oxygen 8v2 / HDJ-2000 / TSP2 Audio 10

Tech Guru

So how do you go about arranging your songs after traktor rapes you and delets all your playlists?

I would like to know because apparently it likes to do this for no reason at....as for instance tonight on reboot.

Tech Wizard

Is Taktor the best software for playing cheesy house?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast