Crazy Idea Help: Midi Calculator !

Default Crazy Idea Help: Midi Calculator !

Hi Guys,

Before you all consider me as a total weirdo, let me tell you how I got this idea, before actually saying what it is.
    I have my final exams (starting tomorrow) coming up, and since I'm taking a scientific course I do a lot of Maths and Physics. I have been studying for the past week non stop, and so I have been using my dear science friend, my Texas Instruments TI-89

Also, I have been thinking about which midi controller to get and stuff like that.
    So that's how I ended up here, asking you guys the following question:

Has anyone thought about using a (pretty advanced) calculator as Midi controller (it can be connected to your pc by usb), and/or IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE ??

Looking forward to your comments !
    Allen&Heath Xone:22 - NI Kontrol X1 - Novation Launchpad - Akai LPD8 - Traktor Audio 2 DJ - Pioneer HDJ-1000/Klipsch S4i in-ear headphones - Traktor Pro 2 - Macbook Pro 13" 2011 (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM)
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page

uhh.... maybe it would work. i know you can connect it to your computer, and if you can use it as an HID then you can convert that signal to MIDI and use it like that.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Is there a way to figure out if this is a HID ?

I found this thread that explains how to convert HID to Midi : http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/02/0...r-25/#more-195
    Allen&Heath Xone:22 - NI Kontrol X1 - Novation Launchpad - Akai LPD8 - Traktor Audio 2 DJ - Pioneer HDJ-1000/Klipsch S4i in-ear headphones - Traktor Pro 2 - Macbook Pro 13" 2011 (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM)
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page

i really dont know if you can get any out put going to the computer though.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Mentor

The calculator I used in college to have had an output so you could attach it too a graphing machine, so when you typed in functions like y=mx+c the values would change over time. Can't see how that would be any use for music though!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Can you please remove the full size player from your sig.

As far as the calculator goes I don't think it sends the right kind of info. Does it have a USB cable or is it mini jack on both sides?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Can you please remove the full size player from your sig.
    Sorry, didn't think it would be disliked.

As far as the calculator goes I don't think it sends the right kind of info. Does it have a USB cable or is it mini jack on both sides?
    It comes with a Mini Jack to USB cable.
    What would be the a way to find out if the messages it sends out can be used ?
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page