Skrillex Shut Down, Death at a Rave in Dallas - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Haha, I actually looked that article up when I read HedgeHog's post. But was planning of linking it in a longer post...and then mostapha posted and my desire to write something longer in this thread faded

I really like the approach of measuring harm to the individual as well as harm to society. Makes a lot of sense to me.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I found this interesting a while back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11660210

A study by the guy who was sacked by the UK government after he advised them that their drugs policy wasn't logical.
    I've seen studies like this before. But you know that many people have seen and will see figures like this and just think, "Oh, shrooms and GHB and cocaine aren't as bad as alcohol and that gives us an excuse to do them now."
    Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    I skimmed through the last few pages and am asking myself what is wrong with some you.
    DJTT is about DJing and everything related to it, including lifestyle, but talking about the proper handling of illegal drugs (which is an oxymoron imo) is taking it a bit too far.
    I agree 100%. I joined on to learn more about DJ'ing, not about how to properly take ecstasy.

And seriously, if you're dumb enough to take ecstasy or a similar drug that causes hyperthermia...in Dallas...in the middle of the summer...in the middle of a giant crowd radiating body heat...enough said. It sounds terrible but you get what you deserve if you're dumb enough to make a decision like that out of either ignorance of the possible consequences or reliance on blind luck.

I'm not one to say "Stay off drugs, they're bad!" cause I don't try to impart my beliefs on them. Personally I don't do drugs (other than alcohol but so does everyone else) but if one of my friends wants to take something, that's on them and I strongly caution them to be safe when they do. I know people who have and do take things like ecstasy at raves and I make sure that I am in a sober state where I am able to take care of them if need be.

I'm scared for my friend who is leaving thursday to drive down to EDC in Vegas after reading all this cause Vegas is not going to be cool by any means.
    Last edited by bobbylight; 06-21-2011 at 02:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"
    http://www.mixcloud.com/robindore/

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789