VCI-300 soundcard
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default VCI-300 soundcard

I got some issues with the soundcard of the VCI-300.
    In itch everything works fine, but if i wanna use the soundcard in any other program i only get sound from one speaker, when looking at my computer at the audio devices it says it has 2 out, while it should be 4.
    In traktor pro i got 2 channels available, channel o and 1, but only one works.
    When using asio4all i can select all 4 channels and then it works fine, but im wandering if someone got it working without asio4all?
    I got now my second vci and both had this issue.
    Looks to my like a driver issue, actually there is no vestax driver it just installs a standard windows xp driver.

Tech Guru

I heard that VCI-300 uses Maya Soundcards so maybe you could download and try one?

Already tried that and it wont work, the driver doesnt detect the soundcard.
    But youre using asio4all in traktor?

Tech Guru

I'm on a Mac and it always detects it in all software. Maybe contact Serato or Vestax and ask if their is some driver that you could get and would fix it.

Already send an mail to vestax, curious what they come up with.
    Well actually it does detect the souncard but only 2 out and sound through 1 speaker.

Tech Guru

Hmm, you should have 4 outs. 2 for the main outs in the back, and 2 that are wired to the headphone jack

Well thats the whole problem i guess, so a good driver would solve this all because with asio4all it does work, are you sure about the maya soundcard in the vci?

Quote Originally Posted by 10us View Post
    I got some issues with the soundcard of the VCI-300.
    In itch everything works fine, but if i wanna use the soundcard in any other program i only get sound from one speaker, when looking at my computer at the audio devices it says it has 2 out, while it should be 4.
    In traktor pro i got 2 channels available, channel o and 1, but only one works.
    When using asio4all i can select all 4 channels and then it works fine, but im wandering if someone got it working without asio4all?
    I got now my second vci and both had this issue.
    Looks to my like a driver issue, actually there is no vestax driver it just installs a standard windows xp driver.
    You're the third person in a week who's had the same problem, I posted about it here last week! I had the exact same thing, no other program except Itch provided full use of the sound card. It's kind of strange, I presumed it was faulty and so returned the Vci-300.

The weird thing is that on Vista both outputs worked normally except there was a ton of latency so I really don't know what the issue is. Let us know when Vestax reply as I'm curious!

I presume its a driver issue because its works fine with asio4all.
    Do you had 4 outputs in traktor with vista?

Quote Originally Posted by 10us View Post
    I presume its a driver issue because its works fine with asio4all.
    Do you had 4 outputs in traktor with vista?
    As far as I can remember yes. I didn't really look around that much as soon as i heard output on both speakers! I only tested it on the demo to make installation easier.

Are you gonna keep the 300 then? Did you just route it through asio4all and it worked?! Not sure why I didn't try that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast