So, how is scratching with TPro and VCI-100 TT tsi?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default So, how is scratching with TPro and VCI-100 TT tsi?

I was wondering if DJ TT Tsi works with Traktor Pro and scratching? I mean I have tried many ways to get it to work properly with my VCI-300 and with tsi's, but when I click on a scratch button (Scratch On) and try to scratch with the jogwheel (CDJ-MODE) & it stutters and stops a bit before the scratch begins. So, how is it functioning with the DJTT tsi? I assume ok..So if ok, what is the trick? It is the last thing I need to finish up properly my new TSI for the VCI-300. I would like it to just be able to hit the Scratch On button and the jog wheels would be scratchable, but not stop playback.

Thanks,
    CK

hey, i was actually discussing this with another forum member. we've had the same issue, but with the bcd 3000. when scratch is activated, the music stops, and then the jogwheels need to be moved to start scratching. also, every time after a scratch is performed, the scratch mode is deactivated, making it impossible to perform continuous scratches.

edit: for me this function used to work perfectly on traktor 3/LE and also with virtual dj.

could it be a traktor bug
    Last edited by haangout; 02-09-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Tech Guru

I think it is a serious Traktor Pro bug. They call it Traktor scratch , but one cannot really scratch naturally.

Tech Guru

Scratching works great in TPro with a VCI-100 and the DJTT tsi, or many of the other great tsi's posted here. Sounds to me almost like your scratch on commands are mapped to your scratch button, rather than the jog wheels (this goes for the VCI-300 too). Set things so the jogs scratch by default, and you hit the scratch button to escape to a different function.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

ok been playing around with the mappings again, still can't get the scratch to work. your suggestion requires a touch sensitive platter (like the vci-100/300) that enables scratch on to be held while scratching. on a non-touch sensitive jogwheel like my bcd 3000, the scratch on cannot really be toggled, held or directly set to on (it does acknowledge the command but does not perform the desired effect).

in the old traktor when scratch was turned on (via button), the track would continue to play, as if nothing had been pressed, then moving the jogwheel would manipulate the track, as with any form of scratching. my point is that somewhere between the last version of traktor 3 and the current traktor, the behaviour of the scratch on command has become different.

so i guess the question is, if it has changed, what was the reason, and is there a solution out there for non sensitive jog wheels, and also those who don't want to use the touch-platters for this command?

Tech Guru

I just got a vci-100 and trying scratching and for me it does not work well either.
    Zac what DJTT TSi are you using and how?

hey, just wondering, have you mapped your own controls? if so, what is scratching like with the factory mapping?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by haangout View Post
    in the old traktor when scratch was turned on (via button), the track would continue to play, as if nothing had been pressed
    Ah, I understand now. I am at work right now so I can't confirm the difference in behavior between T3 and TPro, but is it possible to set the scratch on command to the jog rotation note number? Would that allow the scratch to be triggered by any movement on the jog? I'm not very familiar with the BCD, so these are just shots in the dark.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    I just got a vci-100 and trying scratching and for me it does not work well either.
    Zac what DJTT TSi are you using and how?
    I use a custom 4 deck tsi. I have a simplified 2 deck version available for download in the mappings section. There's nothing special about the scratching in my file or ean's, for example. The functionality is affected by three things: A "scratch on" command (hold), a "scratch" command (direct, rotary, 3h...whatever it is), and the sensitivity and acceleration settings you use in that command. Which tsi are you using with a VCI-100 where the scratching doesn't work?
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 02-12-2009 at 06:33 PM.

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by haangout View Post
    hey, just wondering, have you mapped your own controls? if so, what is scratching like with the factory mapping?
    The factory mapping for the VCI-100 from vestax is a disaster for TPro. The T3 mapping was a little better. Either way, I have trouble seeing anyone wanting to use those files. Making your own is the way to go, either that or download one you like from another user.

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast