Traktor Scratch Pro, Traktor Pro, Trktor Upgrade, Traktor EDU, WTF?!?
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Scratch Pro, Traktor Pro, Trktor Upgrade, Traktor EDU, WTF?!?

Just a quick question. Im planning to buy the korg zero4 mixer. its a Traktor scratch certified mixer which enables me to buy the traktor scratch upgrade (299€ in EU).

I'm not really down with the all new Traktor Pro Products. The only thing i remeber is that it didnt matter if you buy traktor scratch or traktor studio if you have the audio 8 dj. both versions were able to handle timecode vinyls.
    how about the new traktor studio pro and traktor scratch pro. is external control vinyl only supported by the traktor scratch pro, or could i also go with the traktor Pro edu version (which is alot cheaper than the scratch upgrade even when buying the timecode records)

thx

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If you are a student or a teacher than you can get the Traktor Pro Educational Version. You need Traktor Scratch Pro to use external timecode (hence the "Scratch" part).
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

ok hoguth something like this. not worth the buck when the upgrade function (which contains 2 cd, 2 records and a softwar) is priced at 299€ and i can get the educational traktor scratch bundle including the audio8dj and the multicore cables for 379€.... 80 bucks for an awesome soundcard ))

well, if you want the audio8 as well then yeah, it's not a bad deal.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

hm i have just downloaded the traktor demo version. it lets you select if you want to use traktor pro or traktor scratch pro.
    ive selected traktor pro (without scratch). but the preferences still shows timecode setup and let me assign the decks to timecode etc.

could it be that, when using the aduio8dj, traktor pro and traktor scratch pro can be used for timecode, but when using a traktor scratch certified mixer you have to get the upgrade for the scratch??? however this wouldnt make sense because audio8dj users are also forced by ni to buy the traktor scratch upgrade rather than the traktor pro + some tcv's...

This could be because it is a demo.

If you have the Audio8 and only have Traktor Pro then you can't use the timecode vinyl. It might let you assign it in the software but I doubt it would work.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I am currently using Traktor pro 2, with a numark mixdeck. Can I upgrade to scratch pro, and if so, what would be the difference?