High res scrub on X1?

Default High res scrub on X1?

There's been a thread kickin around the NI traktor boards about how to get a higher resolution scrub on the X1. The seek defaults at something like 4 beats a tick of the knob. No one seems to know if this is possible or if there is an easy way to custom map this and of course NI and their super friendly customer support never reads or answers threads. I figured you smart TT ppl might know the best way to sort this out.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

It is possible and quite easy, It just takes modifiying 2 values of the default map.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick V View Post
    There's been a thread kickin around the NI traktor boards about how to get a higher resolution scrub on the X1. The seek defaults at something like 4 beats a tick of the knob. No one seems to know if this is possible or if there is an easy way to custom map this and of course NI and their super friendly customer support never reads or answers threads. I figured you smart TT ppl might know the best way to sort this out.
    Midi mode and change the sensitivity in the mapping? It's an encoder so you can only get 1 message per step or click, so the only thing you can do is change how much it moves it (there is no way to increase the resolution that would be useful).
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

So if we can't change the resolution of the scrub. I'd still like to know how to change the size of the jump. I see where you can select the mapping but I don't really get where you can change how much it moves. I thought maybe the modifier or value fields but when I pull up the default mapping they are both blank.

Thanks for the help. I'm pretty new to traktor mapping.