Midi ox and led problem!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Midi ox and led problem!

so i changed the channel of my novation launchpad using midi ox so it would be out of the way from my other midi controllers which were on the same channel, but now the led's dont work. im using the launchpad for traktor pro, the midi commands themselves work fine but just not the darn leds. i make sure the LED's messages are being sent to the new channel (10) and nothing happens. how can i fix this problem so i can map LED's and still keep the channel changed!

Traktor Pro 2
    apc20
    launchpad
    Kontrol
    Lpd8
    Audio 8
    HP g-62
    Windows 7
    2.14 ghz 4 g

didn't know midi-ox could be used to reroute messages? presume you're not using automap if you have a app sitting between the lp and traktor now?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

i thought that was one of midi ox primary job? haha but no i am not using automap or anything else. just the midiox/yoke. no matter who i route it i cant seem to get the led's to respond

i only ever (well used to before i wrote my own app) use it to dump out raw midi data when debugging something.

if you're using it to route then you just also be able to see what data is being sent/recv'd so should be able to work it out?

you're using a virtual midi device that sits between midi-ox and traktor?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

yes im using midi yoke as the virtual midi device. i can see the whats going in and out and it all matches up to be the same. ive mapped led's with the launchpad before when its not running through midiox/yoke and its worked fine. i cant seem to find any other post about led issues when changing channels with midi ox....

Quote Originally Posted by RahfeeZahkee View Post
    yes im using midi yoke as the virtual midi device. i can see the whats going in and out and it all matches up to be the same. ive mapped led's with the launchpad before when its not running through midiox/yoke and its worked fine. i cant seem to find any other post about led issues when changing channels with midi ox....
    in native mode the launchpad sends/recv's on channel 1 - so just make sure midi-ox (or whatever) or converting the midi channel to that.

seems to work fine in my midimasher app anyway. you having issues with feedback for all buttons or just the notes or just the cc's?

Code:
    -- define the top row buttons

add_control("up",       1, "cc", 104);
    add_control("down",     1, "cc", 105);
    add_control("left",     1, "cc", 106);
    add_control("right",    1, "cc", 107);
    add_control("session",  1, "cc", 108);
    add_control("user1",    1, "cc", 109);
    add_control("user2",    1, "cc", 110);
    add_control("mixer",    1, "cc", 111);

-- define the right hand buttons

add_control("vol",      1, "note", 8);
    add_control("pan",      1, "note", 16 + 8);
    add_control("snda",     1, "note", 2 * 16 + 8);
    add_control("sndb",     1, "note", 3 * 16 + 8);
    add_control("stop",     1, "note", 4 * 16 + 8);
    add_control("trkon",    1, "note", 5 * 16 + 8);
    add_control("solo",     1, "note", 6 * 16 + 8);
    add_control("arm",      1, "note", 7 * 16 + 8);

-- define the grid buttons, 8x8, cc number is row x 16 + col 

for row = 0, 7
    do
        for col = 0, 7
        do
            local note = row * 16 + col
            add_grid_control(col, row, 1, "note", note)
        end
    end

none of the led's for any of the buttons seem to work. i think the problem may be that im changing the channel of the midi controller though midi ox so the actual channel is still 1 on the launchpad, once i close midi ox it goes back to channel 1. so maybe its not receiving the led data because of this? is there a way to permanently change the channel of the lp? ive tried using automap but that was one big joke

Quote Originally Posted by RahfeeZahkee View Post
    none of the led's for any of the buttons seem to work. i think the problem may be that im changing the channel of the midi controller though midi ox so the actual channel is still 1 on the launchpad, once i close midi ox it goes back to channel 1. so maybe its not receiving the led data because of this? is there a way to permanently change the channel of the lp? ive tried using automap but that was one big joke
    afaik the launchpad itself can only receive data on channel 1 - except for the slight hack with channel 3 for bulk updates (useful for changing all led's when you switch between virtual pages etc if your middleware software supports that)

how are you trying to use midi-ox to change the launchpad's midi channel? if you're using midi-ox somehow to route from 1 to something else on the way out and then from there back to channel 1 on the way back to the launchpad then ofc you need to keep midi ox running.

i don't know of any sysex type way of actually changing the lp's native midi channel?

Default Same(-ish) problem

I have a Citronic MP-X10 and am having similar LED issues... the unit uses 3 channels to transmit/receive data (L deck/R deck/mixer). I have got one deck working with my rather large and complex mapping. I saved it out, re-imported it, and changed all the channel numbers of both buttons (easy using midi learn) and the LED's (picking out notes from that useless Traktor mapping interface (grrrr..)). Now both sides work fine, but where the two sides are using the same modifier, the button to signal a modifier lights up on say deck A, but then pressing the same button on deck a, activates the modifier function, but doesn't light the light. Pressing again then removes the modifier, still no light.. only when I press it a 3rd time to reactivate the modifier, do I get lights!
    I am about to test in MIDIOX, once I can get a damn MIDI loopback cable working...
    Thought it was my hardware, but reading this thread, now not so sure.
    Will report back in a bit...

A.

Quote Originally Posted by escapemcp View Post
    I have a Citronic MP-X10 and am having similar LED issues... the unit uses 3 channels to transmit/receive data (L deck/R deck/mixer). I have got one deck working with my rather large and complex mapping. I saved it out, re-imported it, and changed all the channel numbers of both buttons (easy using midi learn) and the LED's (picking out notes from that useless Traktor mapping interface (grrrr..)). Now both sides work fine, but where the two sides are using the same modifier, the button to signal a modifier lights up on say deck A, but then pressing the same button on deck a, activates the modifier function, but doesn't light the light. Pressing again then removes the modifier, still no light.. only when I press it a 3rd time to reactivate the modifier, do I get lights!
    I am about to test in MIDIOX, once I can get a damn MIDI loopback cable working...
    Thought it was my hardware, but reading this thread, now not so sure.
    Will report back in a bit...

A.
    is this with traktor pro 2? i dont know about previous versions but modifiers in tp2 are local/specific to each mapping so in theory they shouldn't affect each other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast