Some serious controllerism hate - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Agreed!

Education!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

a) zzzzzz
    b) actually no, not zzzzz. it is pretty funny
    c) there's a golden nugget of truth wrapped up in all that there hyperbole
    d) unfortunately the golden nugget isn't massively insightful; shit sounds like shit sounds like shit. So stop being shit, basically
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 06-22-2011 at 06:42 AM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

I have noticed a curious attitude in certain areas of the world, among certain sections of DJs, and on certain websites, and that post is a good example of it.

DJing used to be so forward thinking, so new in its outlook, but it is like for some folk, it got stuck in 1995 and has been there every since. Practically everything that's happened, from CDJs to controllers to Ableton Live, is all wrong as far as they're concerned.

I remember certain DJs saying having three instead of two Technics was cheating!

Personally I really don't dig a lot of controllerist routines etc - I am a "let the music play, some producer slaved over that" kind of guy, but hell I still find it all really exciting, I feel the joy of guys who love their loops, cuepoints and FX, and what's more I'll happily climb over other DJs to get a look at absolutely ANY new gear with all its possibilities!

We're all allowed different viewpoints, but it's the vitriol I don't understand.
    I blog at: Digital DJ Tips and I'm on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook

It's the same thing really as seeing a car and immediately jumping to conclusions about the driver
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

i think once the dj is having fun then it gets everyone in the mood wheres the video of that old dude with the glasses djing?? now he new how to rock out!!
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Sync does not a good DJ make. Neither does beatmatching.

That's like saying "Well, the saxophone player can hit the rhythm fine."

Too bad his tuning, intonation and notes are wrong. Oh, and he comes in a bar early. And in the wrong key.

I love digital vs the old way - I spend so much more time deconstructing the structure of the tracks I play so I can do 3-4 minute mixes with loads of EQ and stuff. After tax time I'm getting an Audio 10DJ so I can do 4 decks. Easier to do with a sync button but easier still to cock up to garbage sound.

HATERS GONNA HATE!
    "Tell me what I need to be a DJ so I can f*ck the prom queen"
    Biru on Soundcloud
    Biru on Facebook

Can we please make a no bitching about haters rule please?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Guru

I be a mac hater :O grrrrrr and a ableton hater but purely because its never worked for me :O
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

an Ableton* :P
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Guru

If that is the case kind sir, you should have also corrected the "I be" :eek: soooooooo haaaar

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast