hawaiian party, music selection help!

Default hawaiian party, music selection help!

I Was asked to play at an hawaiian party next month, and, i really don't know what to play!! I usually play electro house, tribal, and some dubstep.
    Should i say no?
    I think i can play my kind of music only at the end of the party
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

Tech Wizard

This is my usual MO (well, lounge, Hawaiian and some other kitsch-y stuff)

A few artists you might want to look into. Not all are tiki-music, but they fit the relaxed-groove thing very well.

Ursula 1000 (his early stuff, pre-2005)
    Thievery Corporation
    Skeewiff
    Lemon
    Tipsy
    some of Shawn Lee's Ping-Pong Orchestra's complations might fit the bill as well

That's all I can really think of at the moment, although there are a few Rhino's Ultra-Lounge CD collections (I think one's called Cocktail Capers, another is Mondo Exotica) that have some older 50's stuff that works great in a Hawaiian theme.
    -- 2 x Technics SL-1200, Numark DM950, Audio DJ 8, Dell Pentium M @1.4Ghz w/ 2G RAM, TSP 2
    -- Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Edirol PCR-1, Yamaha SU-10, Korg nanoKONTROL, Novation Launchpad, IBM ThinkPad Core-i3 @2.2Ghz w/ 4G RAM, TSP 2

Quote Originally Posted by echo.ranger View Post

A few artists you might want to look into. Not all are tiki-music, but they fit the relaxed-groove thing very well.

Thievery Corporation
    Skeewiff
    Lemon
    Tipsy
    some of Shawn Lee's Ping-Pong Orchestra's complations might fit the bill as well

That's all I can really think of at the moment, although there are a few Rhino's Ultra-Lounge CD collections (I think one's called Cocktail Capers, another is Mondo Exotica) that have some older 50's stuff that works great in a Hawaiian theme.
    Thank you sooooooo much!!!
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

Quote Originally Posted by echo.ranger View Post

Thievery Corporation
    Skeewiff
    Lemon
    Tipsy

so when are we gonna get a link to a new mix? if i knew where you lived i'd steal your music collection!!

Tech Guru

hmm i recorded a hawaiian theme mixtape in 2007...

quite a few artists were putting out stuff that year that had a very heavy hawaiian influence ... you know the sound, loungey slide guitars and ukuleles... surfer rock stuff...

couple ones that come to mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6_fNru8XKc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbKhVZBNCu8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUiCwe-ybn0

Tech Wizard

I'll see if I can throw something together this weekend, I haven't done a good lounge mix in a little while anyway.
    -- 2 x Technics SL-1200, Numark DM950, Audio DJ 8, Dell Pentium M @1.4Ghz w/ 2G RAM, TSP 2
    -- Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Edirol PCR-1, Yamaha SU-10, Korg nanoKONTROL, Novation Launchpad, IBM ThinkPad Core-i3 @2.2Ghz w/ 4G RAM, TSP 2